    When using a map for links in a picture, how do you get the status bar to display text?
    In a standard link its as easy as typing "on mouse over" but this doesn't work in mapped links. Can anyone help?

    Thanks in advance

    Blogga, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Blogga

    Kris Guest

    In article <4031fb6c$>,
    "Blogga" <> wrote:

    > When using a map for links in a picture, how do you get the status bar to
    > display text?
    > In a standard link its as easy as typing "on mouse over" but this doesn't
    > work in mapped links. Can anyone help?

    Why do you want to control information in a part of the browser that is
    off limits to web authors? It is my status bar and it indicates where
    links go so I will know to click it or not. That is what most people
    think if they care for looking at the status bar. Those who don't look
    at it have no deal with the info you try to display there in the first
    place.

    If you want to add optional explanatory information to a link, use the
    TITLE attribute.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)

    Kris, Feb 17, 2004

  3. In article <4031fb6c$>, says...
    > When using a map for links in a picture, how do you get the status bar to display text?
    > In a standard link its as easy as typing "on mouse over" but this doesn't work in mapped links. Can anyone help?

    onmouseover - and it does work. Give a URL of your sample code.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Blogga

    Blogga Guest

    > > When using a map for links in a picture, how do you get the status bar
    to display text?
    > > In a standard link its as easy as typing "on mouse over" but this

    doesn't work in mapped links. Can anyone help?

    > onmouseover - and it does work. Give a URL of your
    > sample code.

    <area shape="rect" coords="5, 19, 66, 86" href="check.html"
    onmouseover="window.status='View this page';return true;"
    onmouseout="window.status='You are here';return true;"
    style="text-decoration: none">

    This is what I have been using and it dosn't work

    Blogga, Feb 21, 2004