HTML Server Control Bandwidth Q

acb

Hi,

If one ignores the fact that web controls are rich when compared to
HTML Server controls, are there any other issues that make Web Controls
more bandwidth hungry when compared to HTML Server Controls?

Thank You
Al

Karl Seguin [MVP]

You need to take better care of viewstate..some Web Controls can have a
wildly large viewstates depending on what data you put into them...but a
skilled developers can easily keep that under control.

Web Controls _might_ take nanoseconds more time to create because they are
more complex, but even under the worst conditions, I can't imagine that
being a factor.

Karl

acb

Thank You. I was following a MCSD training and couldn't really
understand that statement except for rich and databound. Your statement
helps clear the issue.