HtmlInputFile control problem

Guest

Hi,

Any one can help me out in this regard? The problem is:
After selecting the file using HtmlInputFile Control(Browse option), how to
set selected value(File path) between different postbacks? Because as we know
we can't set the value properity as it is get properity. So if any hack is
there please let me know.

Guest

Srini said:
Hi,

Any one can help me out in this regard? The problem is:
After selecting the file using HtmlInputFile Control(Browse option), how to
set selected value(File path) between different postbacks? Because as we know
we can't set the value properity as it is get properity. So if any hack is
there please let me know.

If there is any hack, it will only work in a single browser, and it will
stop working as soon as the author of the browser is able to fix it.
Allowing anybody else than the user to select the file for upload would
be a serious security hole.

There is no legitimate way of using an HtmlInputFile to get a file from
the visitors computer without the visitor explicitly selecting the file
for upload.

The file will be sent to the server when the form is posted. You have to
take care of the file data at that moment, otherwise the user has to
upload the file again.