    Let me know if you have good references on achieving this objective
    with or without HTML-Kit. A sample of the parameters passing to
    HTMLTidy would help.

    R0bert Neville, Apr 28, 2005

  2. R0bert Neville

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed R0bert Neville <robert_neville310
    @yahoo.com> writing in news::

    http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne, Apr 28, 2005

  3. R0bert Neville wrote:
    > I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
    > for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
    > to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
    > task and have not found one.

    Why do so many people ask a question, then say "don't ask why I need to
    do this" Are you afraid we will belittle you because of your request?

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Apr 28, 2005
  4. R0bert Neville

    Don Guest

    On 28 Apr 2005 Travis Newbury wrote in alt.html

    > R0bert Neville wrote:
    >> I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
    >> for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
    >> to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
    >> task and have not found one.

    > Why do so many people ask a question, then say "don't ask why I need to
    > do this" Are you afraid we will belittle you because of your request?

    (female answer #7) Because if you have to ask you just wouldn't understand.

    --
    Don

    Don, Apr 28, 2005
  5. On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:36:07 GMT, Adrienne <>
    wrote:

    >> I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
    >> for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
    >> to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
    >> task and have not found one.
    >>
    >> HTML-Kit did not intuitively present these options under Edit >
    >> Preference > Tidy. Its preferences focus on HTML to xHTML conversions.
    >>
    >> Let me know if you have good references on achieving this objective
    >> with or without HTML-Kit. A sample of the parameters passing to
    >> HTMLTidy would help.
    >>

    >http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html

    Thanks for the great link.

    Yeah, I found this quick reference link through Google. I was hoping
    to find a sample config files and how-to tutorial as well. I was
    hoping an HTMLTidy expert would lead in the right direction.

    R0bert Neville, Apr 29, 2005
  6. On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:49:15 GMT, Don <> wrote:

    >On 28 Apr 2005 Travis Newbury wrote in alt.html
    >
    >> R0bert Neville wrote:
    >>> I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
    >>> for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
    >>> to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
    >>> task and have not found one.

    >> Why do so many people ask a question, then say "don't ask why I need to
    >> do this" Are you afraid we will belittle you because of your request?

    *signs*

    …because threads go on a tangent when people begin flame wars or
    discuss a debatable topic.>>

    >(female answer #7) Because if you have to ask you just wouldn't understand.

    Welcome to the our emasculated society.

    R0bert Neville, Apr 29, 2005
  7. R0bert Neville wrote:
    >>>Why do so many people ask a question, then say "don't ask why I need to
    >>>do this" Are you afraid we will belittle you because of your request?

    > *signs*
    > …because threads go on a tangent when people begin flame wars or
    > discuss a debatable topic.>>

    So you _are_ doing something others will think you shouldn't. Actually
    there hasn't been a good flame war here in quite a while. And the
    "don't ask why" has caused the thread to go on a tangent anyway. Man
    you can never win here...

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Apr 29, 2005
  8. R0bert Neville

    Del Ferguson Guest

    R0bert Neville wrote:
    > I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
    > for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
    > to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
    > task and have not found one.
    >
    > HTML-Kit did not intuitively present these options under Edit >
    > Preference > Tidy. Its preferences focus on HTML to xHTML conversions.
    >
    > Let me know if you have good references on achieving this objective
    > with or without HTML-Kit. A sample of the parameters passing to
    > HTMLTidy would help.

    Robert,

    I've found that by using Mozilla Firefox with the HTML Validator
    extension, you can "slice and dice" a file just about anyway you
    want it. It takes a little copy and paste, after the conversion,
    but it does do the job. Also, NoteTab Pro does about the same thing
    with the Validator extension. Again, some cut, copy, and paste is
    necessary.

    Cheers,

    Del Ferguson

    Del Ferguson, Apr 29, 2005
  9. R0bert Neville

    @yahoo.com> writing in news:p:

    > On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:36:07 GMT, Adrienne <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
    >>> for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
    >>> to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
    >>> task and have not found one.
    >>>
    >>> HTML-Kit did not intuitively present these options under Edit >
    >>> Preference > Tidy. Its preferences focus on HTML to xHTML conversions.
    >>>
    >>> Let me know if you have good references on achieving this objective
    >>> with or without HTML-Kit. A sample of the parameters passing to
    >>> HTMLTidy would help.
    >>>

    >>http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html

    > Thanks for the great link.
    >
    > Yeah, I found this quick reference link through Google. I was hoping
    > to find a sample config files and how-to tutorial as well. I was
    > hoping an HTMLTidy expert would lead in the right direction.

    Chami has its own forum, maybe someone in there can help you.

    Adrienne, Apr 29, 2005