HTMLTidy config file

R0bert Neville

I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
task and have not found one.

HTML-Kit did not intuitively present these options under Edit >
Preference > Tidy. Its preferences focus on HTML to xHTML conversions.

Let me know if you have good references on achieving this objective
with or without HTML-Kit. A sample of the parameters passing to
HTMLTidy would help.

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed R0bert Neville <robert_neville310
@yahoo.com> writing in
I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
task and have not found one.

HTML-Kit did not intuitively present these options under Edit >
Preference > Tidy. Its preferences focus on HTML to xHTML conversions.

Let me know if you have good references on achieving this objective
with or without HTML-Kit. A sample of the parameters passing to
HTMLTidy would help.

http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html

Travis Newbury

R0bert said:
I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
task and have not found one.

Why do so many people ask a question, then say "don't ask why I need to
do this" Are you afraid we will belittle you because of your request?

Don

I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
task and have not found one.

Why do so many people ask a question, then say "don't ask why I need to
do this" Are you afraid we will belittle you because of your request?
[/QUOTE]

(female answer #7) Because if you have to ask you just wouldn't understand.

R0bert Neville

Why do so many people ask a question, then say "don't ask why I need to
do this" Are you afraid we will belittle you because of your request?
[/QUOTE]

*signs*

…because threads go on a tangent when people begin flame wars or
discuss a debatable topic.>>
(female answer #7) Because if you have to ask you just wouldn't understand.

Welcome to the our emasculated society.

Travis Newbury

R0bert said:
*signs*
…because threads go on a tangent when people begin flame wars or
discuss a debatable topic.>>

So you _are_ doing something others will think you shouldn't. Actually
there hasn't been a good flame war here in quite a while. And the
"don't ask why" has caused the thread to go on a tangent anyway. Man
you can never win here...

Del Ferguson

R0bert said:
I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
task and have not found one.

HTML-Kit did not intuitively present these options under Edit >
Preference > Tidy. Its preferences focus on HTML to xHTML conversions.

Let me know if you have good references on achieving this objective
with or without HTML-Kit. A sample of the parameters passing to
HTMLTidy would help.
Robert,

I've found that by using Mozilla Firefox with the HTML Validator
extension, you can "slice and dice" a file just about anyway you
want it. It takes a little copy and paste, after the conversion,
but it does do the job. Also, NoteTab Pro does about the same thing
with the Validator extension. Again, some cut, copy, and paste is
necessary.

Cheers,

Del Ferguson

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed R0bert Neville <robert_neville310
@yahoo.com> writing in
Thanks for the great link.

Yeah, I found this quick reference link through Google. I was hoping
to find a sample config files and how-to tutorial as well. I was
hoping an HTMLTidy expert would lead in the right direction.

Chami has its own forum, maybe someone in there can help you.