HTTP handlers and donwload dialog boxes

Guest

Hello

I've a .NET application that makes use of a HTTP handler that retrives
images from a database.
When i try to access a image stored in my database via the http handler
using something like
http://myserver/myapp/.myextension?id=123
it sends back a http message with the image retrieved from the database on
record 123
all this works fine!

To force the opening of the browser download dialog i use in my http
handler, when processing response,

Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=""" &
some_file_name & """")

All this works perfectly if i, after receive the dialog box from the
browser, choose Save to Disk.
But when I try to open on site the image retreived, choosing instead of Save
the Open option, it
reports error of file not found...

I guess this is probably due to not saving internet tempory file or so, when
using this type of
architecture

is there any way to work arround this?!?!

best regards
Jorge Ribeiro