HTTP terminology

Roedy Green

Java URLConnection.setRequestProperty calls these "key" and "value".

for fields in the http header e.g.

Is that what you call them?
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

When you are programming and you feel paralysis from overwhelm:
(o) Write down your worries in an electronic todo list, so you can temporarily stop thinking about them.
(o) Write smaller modules and classes so you don’t need to juggle many facts to complete the code.
(o) Do some necessary, but simple, clerical task.
(o) Solve some simple problem with at least some probability of being useful in the big solution. It will break the logjam.
~ Roedy

Daniel Pitts

Roedy said:
Java URLConnection.setRequestProperty calls these "key" and "value".

for fields in the http header e.g.

Is that what you call them?

I use Header "Name" or Header "Key" interchangeably. I use Header Value
exclusively.

I think I would have avoided calling Headers "Request Properties"
however. Although the reasoning is probably along the lines that
URLConnection supports more than just HTTP(S), so request properties
might mean different things depending on the request type.