HTTP to HTTPS and back again!

Fenno

I am creating an ASP.NET project that contains some pages that require
a secure connection via HTTPS/SSL.

The problem I have is how do you maintain session data when switching
between HTTPS and HTTP protocols?

For example, my login page uses HTTPS. What is the best way to switch
back to normal HTTP after authentication?? This must be done whilst
maintaining the identity of the logged in user (in the session).

Any ideas appreciated.

Asela Gunawardena

just avoid hard coded links. Explicitly declare the page links during the
page load [link.Navigateurl = http:\\] on page where you do not want
https:\\ involved.
cos once you make a call to https:\\ it stays the same till you explicitly
mention not to use it.