    but i need the complete url of the client.

    Thanks in Advance.
    , Mar 15, 2007

  2. Valko Guest

    you have referer URL here:

    HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.ToString

    saying that I do not think it is a good idea to use IP and/or URL for
    authentification purposes at all - one can write custom client and to change
    them to whatever he/she wishes - so it is useless for real authentification -
    better try digital certificates or something more secure.

    --
    Yotov, Valko
    MCSD.NET, MCAD.NET, MCDBA 2000, MCP NT/2000

    -------------------------------

    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

    -- Ghandi

    Valko, Mar 17, 2007

    Hi Valko,

    Thanks for the reply.

    I understand that this is not a good approach but this is our client
    requirement. This web service will be used in Intranet only.Actually in the
    client Intranet there are many business groups and his requiremtn is that he
    want to open this web service to only somme busienss groups.

    If we use username and password then it can be shared between the perrsons
    of different busienss groups so our requirement is that is there is any way
    to get the web service caller Url so that we can authenticate the service on
    the basis of that caller's URL.

    I have also tried HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.ToString but it is givign
    hte server URL on which web service exists.

    Please Help.
    Neeraj

    "Valko" wrote:

    > you have referer URL here:
    >
    > HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.ToString
    >
    > saying that I do not think it is a good idea to use IP and/or URL for
    > authentification purposes at all - one can write custom client and to change
    > them to whatever he/she wishes - so it is useless for real authentification -
    > better try digital certificates or something more secure.
    >
    > --
    > Yotov, Valko
    > MCSD.NET, MCAD.NET, MCDBA 2000, MCP NT/2000
    >
    > -------------------------------
    >
    > "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    >
    > -- Ghandi
    >

    > "" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > My requirement is that i want to know the clinet url in the web service.My
    > > authentication is based on the client url.
    > >
    > > I am gettign the IP address by using the
    > > System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.UserHostAddress
    > > but i need the complete url of the client.
    > >

    > > Thanks in Advance.

    , Mar 21, 2007