    the code referer = request.servervariables("HTTP_REFERER") used to return a
    requesting URL. It now returns blank. Anyone any idea what is happening?

    Thanks Hugh
    hugh welford, Mar 3, 2005

  2. hugh welford

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:03:12 -0000, "hugh welford"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi - using winXP pro IIS5
    >
    >the code referer = request.servervariables("HTTP_REFERER") used to return a
    >requesting URL. It now returns blank. Anyone any idea what is happening?

    Proxy, firewall, etc.? Try using ALL_RAW and see what you're getting.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Mar 3, 2005

  3. hugh welford

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    Jeff Cochran, Mar 3, 2005
  4. http://www.aspfaq.com/2169

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Mar 3, 2005
  5. hugh welford

    hugh welford Guest

    Hi Curt - thanks for the reply

    the actual code is referer = request.servervariables("HTTP_REFERER") - the
    subject line was my spelling mistake. it is returning a blank

    Hugh

    hugh welford, Mar 3, 2005
  6. hugh welford

    hugh welford Guest

    Hi all - thanks for your replies. It gets curiouser and curiouser. On a
    machine with IIS5 installed as offline webserver (with norton personal
    firewall installed but disabled), the code referer =
    request.servervariables("HTTP_REFERER") returns a blank both offline via my
    IIS5 AND online via my webhosts IIS5.

    BUT, on a machine with no IIS5 installed offline, (and norton personal
    firewall not installed), referer = request.servervariables("HTTP_REFERER")
    works perfectly well online as it always has done.

    Any ideas??? Its beyond me.

    Thanks in anticipation

    Hugh

    hugh welford, Mar 3, 2005