HTTP_REFERRER

hugh welford

Hi - using winXP pro IIS5

the code referer = request.servervariables("HTTP_REFERER") used to return a
requesting URL. It now returns blank. Anyone any idea what is happening?

Thanks Hugh

Jeff Cochran

Hi - using winXP pro IIS5

the code referer = request.servervariables("HTTP_REFERER") used to return a
requesting URL. It now returns blank. Anyone any idea what is happening?

Proxy, firewall, etc.? Try using ALL_RAW and see what you're getting.

Jeff

hugh welford

Hi Curt - thanks for the reply

the actual code is referer = request.servervariables("HTTP_REFERER") - the
subject line was my spelling mistake. it is returning a blank

Hugh

hugh welford

Hi all - thanks for your replies. It gets curiouser and curiouser. On a
machine with IIS5 installed as offline webserver (with norton personal
firewall installed but disabled), the code referer =
request.servervariables("HTTP_REFERER") returns a blank both offline via my
IIS5 AND online via my webhosts IIS5.

BUT, on a machine with no IIS5 installed offline, (and norton personal
firewall not installed), referer = request.servervariables("HTTP_REFERER")
works perfectly well online as it always has done.

Any ideas??? Its beyond me.

Thanks in anticipation

Hugh