HttpModules order

tshad

I noticed in my Http modules that all the BeginRequests are handled for each
Module before the EndRequests is handled (at least that seems to be the
case).

I have 2 HttpModules each with BeginRequests and EndRequests.

<httpModules>
<add
type="NFission.WebControls.ScrollKeeperModule,NFission.WebControls.ScrollKeeper"
name="ScollKeeperModule" />
<add type="HttpModuleExamples.CustomHttpModule, HttpModules"
name="CustomHttpModule" />
</httpModules>

I put a breakpoint on all the events and the order seems to be to do the
BeginRequest of the first Module listed in the <httpModules> section
(NFission) and then the BeginRequest of the next section
(HttpModuleExamples).

Then it goes back to the beginning of the list and does the EndRequest of
the first Module listed in the <httpModules> section (NFission) and then the
EndRequest of the next section (HttpModuleExamples)

I assume this would be important if you are filtering a page with your
modules.

Just curious if I've got this right and do the HttpHandlers work in the same
way?

Thanks,

Tom.