HttpWebRequest BeginGetRequestStream question

Mike C#

Hi all,

I have a quick question. I'm trying to speed up an ASP.NET page I've put
together. The page has to send 15 POST requests to a web server and
retrieve the results. Each request is about 400 - 600 milliseconds, so
using sending them synchronously is taking 6,000 to 9,000 ms. I'd like to
send the requests asynchronously, but I'm having trouble using the
HttpWebRequest BeginGetRequestStream and EndGetRequestStream,
BeginGetResponse, etc., functions. Can someone point me to some tutorials
that explain more in-depth how to accomplish this in .NET 1.1? Just FYI,
I've already visited the following sites with varying degrees of success:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.httpwebrequest.begingetrequeststream.aspx
(and 3 - 4 other MSDN pages with the same sample code on them)
http://blogs.msdn.com/adarshk/articles/345411.aspx
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/system.net.httpwebrequest.begingetrequeststream.aspx

And a few articles on CodeProject. My main issue right now is trying to use
BeginGetResponse. I think I have the Requests half-way working, but I can't
seem to get the Responses working properly. Any pointers to good sample
code are appreciated. Thanks!