Hyper-text version of C++ standard

px122000

I have a flat PDF for the 1998 ISO C++ standard but I find it hard to
use. I look at one section and it says something like "only if operand
is a qualified-id " where qualified-id is in italics. I'd love to be
able to click on "qualified-id" and have the reader pop me to the
definition of qualified-id.

Does anyone have a pointer to such a critter? This site:
http://www.open-std.org does not have what I'm looking for. I'm
looking for a place where I can quickly find out what the syntantic
non-terminals like "qualified-id" are defined as -- not just the syntax
but some text to go along with it.

Thanks

Pete Becker

I have a flat PDF for the 1998 ISO C++ standard but I find it hard to
use. I look at one section and it says something like "only if operand
is a qualified-id " where qualified-id is in italics. I'd love to be
able to click on "qualified-id" and have the reader pop me to the
definition of qualified-id.

Does anyone have a pointer to such a critter?

There have been a couple of attempts in the past, rather unsatisfactory.
The current working paper is maintained in LaTeX (instead of the old
one's troff), which gives us more flexibility in this area. For example,
all text references to sections of the document are hot links. But
that's not the comprehensive kind of linking you're after. There's a
slightly awkward way of doing what you're after: go to the index, find
the production name, and follow the hot link.