    but some text to go along with it.

    Thanks

    , Feb 16, 2006

  2. Pete Becker Guest

    wrote:
    > I have a flat PDF for the 1998 ISO C++ standard but I find it hard to
    > use. I look at one section and it says something like "only if operand
    > is a qualified-id " where qualified-id is in italics. I'd love to be
    > able to click on "qualified-id" and have the reader pop me to the
    > definition of qualified-id.
    >
    > Does anyone have a pointer to such a critter?

    There have been a couple of attempts in the past, rather unsatisfactory.
    The current working paper is maintained in LaTeX (instead of the old
    one's troff), which gives us more flexibility in this area. For example,
    all text references to sections of the document are hot links. But
    that's not the comprehensive kind of linking you're after. There's a
    slightly awkward way of doing what you're after: go to the index, find
    the production name, and follow the hot link.

    --

    Pete Becker
    Roundhouse Consulting, Ltd.

    Pete Becker, Feb 16, 2006