hz-gb-2312 solution

Homer

Hi all

I need to support emails in HZ-GB-2312 with JAVAMail, but this charset
is not recognized by SUN's JVM.
Does anybody know of a good solution for this problem?

Thanks

Thomas Weidenfeller

Homer said:
Hi all

I need to support emails in HZ-GB-2312 with JAVAMail, but this charset
is not recognized by SUN's JVM.
Does anybody know of a good solution for this problem?

The international version of Java 1.5 supports a charset called GB2312.
The international version of Java 1.4.2 supports a charset called
EUC_CN, described as "GB2312, EUC encoding, Simplified Chinese".
Probably this is what you are looking for.

If anything else fails, you could try to add an own charset to your
application. This requires some amount of coding. You need to write a
CharsetEncoder, CharsetDecoder, Charset, and a CharsetProvider (and
maybe more, which I forgot).

IMHO looking for a VM which supports the charset might be easier.

/Thomas

Homer

10x Thomas for your quick response.

GB2312 is not the case here, as it's somewhat different from
HZ-GB-2312. I understand that my solution might be writing my own
charset support, but beforehand I wanted to find out whether there's an
existing product for JAVA, already implemented.

Thanks,