I am new to .NET and C#

Santhi Pattamatta via .NET 247

(Type your message here)

--------------------------------
From: Santhi Pattamatta

Hello Friends,

Can you help me here please.

I am just trying to learn C# using .NET and will need to createASP.NET applications for my project. I was trying a simpleexample--created a web page in which it takes the userid andpassword and redirects the page to another web form where itwill display a table from the database. The problem here is,after I enter the username and password it opens a new web pagethat shows an exception as given below. As I am just moved fromtesting background to development, could somebody please tell mewhat to do in simple terms please. Any help is greatlyappreciated.
thanks

Login failed for user 'MEGHANA\ASPNET'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the executionof the current web request. Please review the stack trace formore information about the error and where it originated in thecode.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Loginfailed for user 'MEGHANA\ASPNET'.

Karl Seguin

Santhi:
You are using a trusted connection in your SQL connection string...but
ASP.Net is running as a guest account which doesn't have a trusted access to
sQL server. I'd recommend you use SQL authorization in your SQL connection
string

SO instead of:
Server=localhost;Database=pubs;Trusted_Connection=True;
or
Data Source=lcoalhost;Initial Catalog=pubs;Integrated Security=SSPI;

use

Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=pubs;User Id=sa;Password=asdasd;

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
annoying)