I can't execute my program(coded by c language) on AIX5.2(ML2)

zhouhaiming

On our test machine I can compile my c source code on AIX5.1(ML4) by "-
q32" option and "OBJECT_MODE=32" environment variable, and it can
correctly running. My operation system environment is: AIX5.1, ML4, 32
bit Kernel, IBM c5.1 compile and Informix7.31. I can't compile my c
source code on the same system by using "-q64" option and
"OBJECT_MODE=32"environment, the c compiler raised the error:
/usr/informix/lib/esql/libifsql.so can't be compiled in 64bit.

On our production machine I can compile my c source code on AIX5.2(ML2)
by "-q32" option and "OBJECT_MODE=32" environment variable, also I can
compile my c source code on AIX5.2(ML2) by "-q64" option and
"OBJECT_MODE=64" environment variable. But both of them can't correctly
running. When I run the program both raised the error: Segmentation
fault(coredump). My operation system environmen is: AIX5.2, ML2, 64 bit
Kernel, IBM c6.0 compile and Informix9.3.

I put my program I have compiled on our test machine into our production
machine, and I execute it as following:

/dccadm

our production machine raised the following errors:

exec():0509-036 Cannot load program ./dccadm because of the
following errors;

0509-150 Dependent module /usr/informix/lib/esql/libifsql.so
could not be loaded.

0509-103 The module has an invalid magic number.

I found there is the file /usr/informix/lib/esql/libifsql.so on our
production machine, but it larger than it on our test machine.

Which expert can tell me how I can resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance!!

zhouhaiming said:
[...]

The core file has a purpose. You can analyze it to find out the cause of the
problem.
I could try and analyze it for you if I were telepathic and telekinesis.
I put my program I have compiled on our test machine into our production
machine, and I execute it as following:

/dccadm

our production machine raised the following errors:

exec():0509-036 Cannot load program ./dccadm because of the
following errors;

0509-150 Dependent module /usr/informix/lib/esql/libifsql.so
could not be loaded.

0509-103 The module has an invalid magic number.

Maybe the file is corrupted and by ``invalid magic number'' it is unable to
identify the file type?
I found there is the file /usr/informix/lib/esql/libifsql.so on our
production machine, but it larger than it on our test machine.

Which expert can tell me how I can resolve this problem?

You need an aix expert. There is a newsgroup: comp.unix.aix
Which might turn out to be more helpful.

Alan Balmer

Sorry, your question is off-topic here. We discuss only the language
itself, not particular implementations. You will find better help on
another newsgroup. Try comp.unix.programming or comp.unix.aix.