I luv this group

Doug Miller

The people I meet here are SO fiendly, just like Kate's friend.

The people here *are* friendly -- to those who don't come here asking for help while simultaneously
telling them they don't know what they're doing.

In the past, you have (among other things) explicitly refused to use CSS even when it is clearly the best
solution to the problem you were seeking help with; repeatedly ignored advice to put a proper
DOCTYPE in your pages; and blamed the validator for flagging errors that were clearly of your own
making.

The reason you are unable to learn anything from the folk in this group is that you believe you already
know it all. So why do you keep coming back?

Martin Edwards

The people here *are* friendly -- to those who don't come here asking for help while simultaneously
telling them they don't know what they're doing.

In the past, you have (among other things) explicitly refused to use CSS even when it is clearly the best
solution to the problem you were seeking help with; repeatedly ignored advice to put a proper
DOCTYPE in your pages; and blamed the validator for flagging errors that were clearly of your own
making.

The reason you are unable to learn anything from the folk in this group is that you believe you already
know it all. So why do you keep coming back?

Cripes! I didn't know the guy, but I looked at his code. You can copy
and paste a doctype dead easy and refusing to use CSS is perverse. It's
like wearing Brylcreem. Also, are all those scripts really necessary?

Doug Miller

Cripes! I didn't know the guy, but I looked at his code. You can
copy and paste a doctype dead easy

He can't, apparently.

Look at some of his earlier posts: a thread from a few months back will give you a good idea of the
way he operates. The short version is that he was advised to use a DOCTYPE in his document
(and told explicitly what to put there); instead of copying what he was given, he used an invalid
DOCTYPE apparently of his own creation, which of course increased the error count instead of
decreasing it -- and concluded on that basis that using a DOCTYPE was a bad idea.
and refusing to use CSS is
perverse.

He doesn't understand it, apparently, and doesn't want to learn.
It's like wearing Brylcreem. Also, are all those scripts
really necessary?
Of course not.

Martin Edwards

He can't, apparently.

Look at some of his earlier posts: a thread from a few months back will give you a good idea of the
way he operates. The short version is that he was advised to use a DOCTYPE in his document
(and told explicitly what to put there); instead of copying what he was given, he used an invalid
DOCTYPE apparently of his own creation, which of course increased the error count instead of
decreasing it -- and concluded on that basis that using a DOCTYPE was a bad idea.

He doesn't understand it, apparently, and doesn't want to learn.

Of course not.
On taking a better look, it seems he is, shall we say, of right wing
inclination. It all starts to make sense.

Doug Miller

On taking a better look, it seems he is, shall we say, of right wing
inclination. It all starts to make sense.

It has nothing to do with right-wing or left-wing. He's just a loon.

Not all right-wingers are loons, nor are all loons right-wingers (examples include Michael Moore,
and people who see cause-and-effect relationships between looniness and political orientation).

William Gill

On taking a better look, it seems he is, shall we say, of right wing
inclination. It all starts to make sense.

Ah! You must be one those left leaning people who have the monopoly on
open mindedness, and tolerance.

Martin Edwards

It has nothing to do with right-wing or left-wing. He's just a loon.

Not all right-wingers are loons, nor are all loons right-wingers (examples include Michael Moore,
and people who see cause-and-effect relationships between looniness and political orientation).
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

Doug Miller

Martin Edwards said:
I just have to be me.
Apparently, that includes being someone who interjects gratuitous political insults into a technical
discussion.

Martin Edwards

Apparently, that includes being someone who interjects gratuitous political insults into a technical
discussion.
Hey, lighten up. I don't jump up and down when people call me a commie.
Seriously though, I live in Birmingham, and the case has aroused a lot
of passion over the years. I've even eaten in the Blue Sky. One night
two guys tried to run out without paying, something I had only heard
about before.