I want to publish my web site on the web

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ShayHk, Dec 22, 2006.

  1. ShayHk

    ShayHk Guest

    hi..
    My question :
    I created a web site using VisualStudio 2005 (ASP.Net 2)
    My Web site is using cs files and XML files .

    I tried to publish The Web Application on a free Domain
    "100webspace.com"
    but the problem is that none of my Server controls (as a TextBox) was
    showen on the web ( the page showed only html input controls).
    i think I have done somthing wrong..

    The files I copied are :
    Default.aspx
    Default.aspx.cs
    EventListXML.xml
    Web.Config

    I think I copied only the source code's (or not?)

    thanks

    ShayHk, Dec 22, 2006

  2. Unless the infromation is hdden within their web site, a quick look at them
    suggests they dont appear to support asp.net

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    http://www.johntimney.com
    http://www.johntimney.com/blog

    John Timney \(MVP\), Dec 22, 2006

  3. ShayHk

    Mark Rae Guest

    "ShayHk" <> wrote in message

    > I tried to publish The Web Application on a free Domain
    > "100webspace.com"
    > but the problem is that none of my Server controls (as a TextBox) was
    > showen on the web ( the page showed only html input controls).

    Er, in order to publish an ASP.NET site to the web, you'll need to use an
    ISP which actually offers ASP.NET hosting...

    http://www.100webspace.com/web_hosting/compare_plans.html

    Mark Rae, Dec 22, 2006
  4. Looks like they don't support asp.net.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, Dec 22, 2006