I wrote a Pascal compiler in C++ and use it now !

Hans-Marc Olsen

C++ is only good for writing a compiler of a much superior language like Pascal.

So use your C++ to write a PASCAL compiler or BASIC and use this.

Gernot Frisch

Hans-Marc Olsen said:
C++ is only good for writing a compiler of a much superior language
like Pascal.
So use your C++ to write a PASCAL compiler or BASIC and use this.

I did: www.GLBasic.com

On the other hand: If you can write a compiler for Basic/Pascal in
C++, why would you use these instead of C++? If you know so much about
C++, it's easier and much more flexible to use C++ than higher level
languages...
My .02$

Timothy Madden

Hans-Marc Olsen said:
C++ is only good for writing a compiler of a much superior language like Pascal.

So use your C++ to write a PASCAL compiler or BASIC and use this.

So you admit at the foundation there will still be C++ ?

"Timothy Madden"
Romania

jafar

I demand that on Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:22:15 -0800, Hans-Marc Olsen may or
may not have written:
C++ is only good for writing a compiler of a much superior language like Pascal.

So use your C++ to write a PASCAL compiler or BASIC and use this.

Well done. I remember doing PASCAL back in the 80's but I didn't pay too
much attention. At the time I was more infatuated with 6502 machine code
and being surprised how similar 8088 code was to it ;)

--
Jafar Calley
Registered Linux User #359623

Jacek Dziedzic

Hans-Marc Olsen mumbled:
C++ is only good for writing a compiler of a much superior language
like Pascal.

So use your C++ to write a PASCAL compiler or BASIC and use this.

We expect better trolling around here.

- J.