IBM and PHP

Joe Van Dyk

Neil Stevens

it looks like IBM is lining up behind PHP. I wonder what could be
done to show them the value (and beauty) of Ruby and Rails.

IBM is a big company, and various tentacles work on many things.

There is no one monolithic "them" to show Ruby to!

Matt Lawrence

IBM is a big company, and various tentacles work on many things.

There is no one monolithic "them" to show Ruby to!

I'm trying to promote Ruby. I'm working around a bunch of Japanese
engineers who I would like to convince that Ruby is a good thing.
However, there does seem to be a bit of a cultural "disconnect" going on,
I haven't really been able to socialize with them. I'm just the "Friendly
Neighborhood Sysadmin", not one of the designers. Since there is a rather
large Japanese contingent here, perhaps some of y'all would be willing to
give me some pointers. If I'm successful, it would help get Ruby into
Sony and Toshiba as well.

-- Matt
Nothing great was ever accomplished without _passion_

Bill Guindon

I'm trying to promote Ruby. I'm working around a bunch of Japanese
engineers who I would like to convince that Ruby is a good thing.
However, there does seem to be a bit of a cultural "disconnect" going on,
I haven't really been able to socialize with them. I'm just the "Friendly
Neighborhood Sysadmin", not one of the designers. Since there is a rather
large Japanese contingent here, perhaps some of y'all would be willing to
give me some pointers. If I'm successful, it would help get Ruby into
Sony and Toshiba as well.

Perhaps this is worthy of it's own thread? I'd hate for your effort
to fail simply because your request didn't reach the right eyeballs
(who may not care about IBM/PHP).

Good luck with your quest, I'd imagine if you can get them to consider
it, they'll be sold.