    to import or export anything, like so: I want a button, I click and drag it to
    a window, give two clicks and encode their actions, understand?

    Thanks for all.

    Renato Barbosa Pim Pereira, Apr 4, 2013

  2. Renato Barbosa Pim Pereira

    CM Guest

    On Apr 4, 11:41?am, Renato Barbosa Pim Pereira
    <> wrote:
    > Guys, is this, I wonder if there is an IDE with native support for the
    > development of GUI's such as Netbeans with Swing, Visual Basic, etc.,

    The term you want to use is "GUI Builder". Because there can be IDEs
    without a GUI builder. You want both.

    > already tested the Boa Constructor, and PyQt, but did not like what I'm looking

    What did you not like about Boa Constructor?

    PyQT is not an IDE nor is it a GUI builder. It is a "widget
    toolkit" (or "framework").

    > for is an IDE "all in one", ie power encode and draw the screens of the
    > program, someone indicates some?, but what I would like to know everything
    > together with an IDE: Coding + GUI (via visual elements) without the need
    > to import or export anything, like so: I want a button, I click and drag it to
    > a window, give two clicks and encode their actions, understand?

    This is exactly what Boa Constructor does.

    CM, Apr 4, 2013

  3. > Guys, is this, I wonder if there is an IDE with native support for the
    > development of GUI's

    A decent Python IDE would probably integrate well enough with any decent
    GUI builder. If there was one (decent GUI builder).

    Unfortunately there's afaik currently no GUI builder available for any
    of the Python GUI frameworks that actually makes use of the dynamic
    interpreted nature of Python (in a way comparable to Cocoa's Interface
    Builder or the Visualworks Smalltalk IDE). They are unfortunately all
    just conceived following the clumsy tedious static C++-ish
    code-generation method. X-(

    Sincerely,

    Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Keller, Apr 7, 2013
  4. Well, I usually use the Qt Designer and it does work well for me.

    It generates a .ui file with it which has to be passed to pyuic to generate
    the actual Python code -- and you have to generate a subclass to implement
    the slots -- for that, I add an external builder to Eclipse, so, in the end
    it's mostly a matter of saving the ui in designer and going on to implement
    the actual code for the actions in PyDev/Eclipse (sure, you don't click on
    a link to add Python code, but for me that separation is good).

    Cheers,

    Fabio

    Fabio Zadrozny, Apr 7, 2013
  5. > Well, I usually use the Qt Designer and it does work well for me.

    > It generates a .ui file with it which has to be passed to pyuic to
    > generate the actual Python code

    Wow.

    Even one more step than with code generation directly from
    the GUI builder.

    Clumsy, tedious, static.

    Cocoa's Interface Builder shows how to do it even though Objective-C is
    a *compiled* language, unlike Python.

    Sincerely,

    Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Keller, Apr 13, 2013
  6. Renato Barbosa Pim Pereira

    Robert Kern Guest

    On 2013-04-14 00:01, Wolfgang Keller wrote:
    >> Well, I usually use the Qt Designer and it does work well for me.
    >>
    >> It generates a .ui file with it which has to be passed to pyuic to
    >> generate the actual Python code

    > Wow.
    >
    > Even one more step than with code generation directly from
    > the GUI builder.

    You don't have to use pyuic. You can load the .ui file directly from your program.

    > Clumsy, tedious, static.
    >
    > Cocoa's Interface Builder shows how to do it even though Objective-C is
    > a *compiled* language, unlike Python.

    The workflow is about the same, really.

    --
    Robert Kern