    --
    cheers,
    Ishwor Gurung

    Ishwor, Dec 24, 2004

  2. Ishwor wrote:
    > I don't know if this has been a problem with other people using IDLE
    > but when i press the home key then the cursor jumps to the beginning
    > of the line and not after the prompt. If google prints the right
    > indentation then here how i want the IDLE prompt to work ->

    > ^ ^
    > ^ ^-----> want cursor here instead.
    > cursor
    > goes
    > here
    >
    > Any work around??

    If you're on windows, you can try PythonWin instead. The first time you
    hit home, the cursor will go your second |. If you then hit home again,
    the cursor will go to your first |.

    Steve

    Steven Bethard, Dec 25, 2004

  3. Ishwor

    Ishwor Guest

    On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 17:45:02 GMT, Steven Bethard
    <> wrote:
    > Ishwor wrote:
    > > I don't know if this has been a problem with other people using IDLE
    > > but when i press the home key then the cursor jumps to the beginning
    > > of the line and not after the prompt. If google prints the right
    > > indentation then here how i want the IDLE prompt to work ->

    > > ^ ^
    > > ^ ^-----> want cursor here instead.
    > > cursor
    > > goes
    > > here
    > >
    > > Any work around??

    > If you're on windows, you can try PythonWin instead. The first time you
    > hit home, the cursor will go your second |. If you then hit home again,
    > the cursor will go to your first |.

    Yeah i got the PythonWin and it does what you say but i am so used to
    IDLE ( which was created originally by GvR). Its a different kind of
    feeling when you are a sort of Python "Evangelist". ;-)
    Moreover if i am right, this was mentioned as a sort of #fixme in
    Python's source??

    Thanks.

    > Steve

    cheers,