IE 6 hangs after XmlHttprequest for 5 minutes

pfefferl

Hello,

i have a ajax-webapp (prototype.js) which works without any problems
with IE (also 6.0), FireFox, Opera etc..

Now I have a single client (W2K, IE 6.0.2800.1106, SP1) who has a
strange problem.
Every time, the client sends an async.-POST-xmlhttprequest, IE sends
the request succesfully after 5 minutes - i don't know, what IE does
during this 5 minutes.

For test you can visit https://www.schuldenonline.at/connection and
make a single request or send multiple requests.

Besides: I know there are problems when using SSL, IE 6.0 and the
parameter "keep-alive". Therefore the connection after every request
will be closed.

Can anyone help me to find out what the reason for this strange
behavior is?

Thanks
Ludwig Pfefferkorn

Peter Michaux

Hello,

i have a ajax-webapp (prototype.js) which works without any problems
with IE (also 6.0), FireFox, Opera etc..

Now I have a single client (W2K, IE 6.0.2800.1106, SP1) who has a
strange problem.
Every time, the client sends an async.-POST-xmlhttprequest, IE sends
the request succesfully after 5 minutes - i don't know, what IE does
during this 5 minutes.

For test you can visithttps://www.schuldenonline.at/connectionand
make a single request or send multiple requests.

Besides: I know there are problems when using SSL, IE 6.0 and the
parameter "keep-alive". Therefore the connection after every request
will be closed.

Can anyone help me to find out what the reason for this strange
behavior is?

I think it would help if you build the same request from scratch
without using Prototype.js. Then you will know if it is the library or
not and you may be able to determine what is causing the problem. If
it is the library then you can ask on the rails spinoffs list which is
the official Prototype.js help line.

It seems the consensus on comp.lang.javascript is that Prototype.js is
better avoided than used.

Peter

pfefferl

I think it would help if you build the same request from scratch
without using Prototype.js. Then you will know if it is the library or
not and you may be able to determine what is causing the problem. If
it is the library then you can ask on the rails spinoffs list which is
the official Prototype.js help line.

It seems the consensus on comp.lang.javascript is that Prototype.js is
better avoided than used.

Peter

Thank you for your concerning with my problem.
Now I could solve the problem. The problem was the wininet.dll
6.0.2800.1106 from the patch http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328970/de.
The strange behavior stops if I install the patch
http://www.microsoft.com/austria/technet/bulletin/ms06-067.mspx or I
only replace the wininet.dll 6.0.2800.1106 by wininet.dll
6.0.2800.1579.