    http://labsysgrp.com/newsletters_archived.htm

    Anyone have any thoughts?

    Thanks!
    elzool, Apr 26, 2007

  2. elzool wrote:

    > In IE 7, some of my pages are displaying white space at the top of the
    > page when they load. If you switch to a different tab and then switch
    > back, they appear fine. Just the initial loading is goofy. Some pages
    > show more than others and I cannot seem to figure out why.
    >
    > Two examples:
    > http://labsysgrp.com/contact_us.php
    > http://labsysgrp.com/newsletters_archived.htm

    I would ask the maker of your template. There is a lot of conditional
    coding in there, and likely most of it is unnecessary.

    Visit the validator as well.

    > Anyone have any thoughts?

    You should rewrite the newsletter_archived page to inform your readers
    that there are many non-bloated PDF readers available. For example:
    http://foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 26, 2007

  3. elzool

    elzool Guest

    Ok... more information

    It appears to place the white space at the top once the body (id="c2")
    section of page exceeds a certain length. As long as it does not go
    past that length, the page is fine.

    This page http://labsysgrp.com/au.htm is my tester.

    Good thing I got a haircut yesterday so I don't have as much of a mess
    to clean up after I tear my hair out.

    elzool, Apr 26, 2007
  4. elzool

    elzool Guest

    I am using this page to test with at this point.
    http://labsysgrp.com/au2.htm

    I detatched it from the template, validated it, it passes.

    The problem appears to be the length of the page... I just haven't
    figured out what the problem is yet.

    Thanks for the pointer on the pdf reader, I doubt my employer will go
    for it, but you never know.

    elzool, Apr 26, 2007