IE 7 has irregular white space at the tops of certain pages?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

elzool said:
In IE 7, some of my pages are displaying white space at the top of the
page when they load. If you switch to a different tab and then switch
back, they appear fine. Just the initial loading is goofy. Some pages
show more than others and I cannot seem to figure out why.

Two examples:
http://labsysgrp.com/contact_us.php
http://labsysgrp.com/newsletters_archived.htm

I would ask the maker of your template. There is a lot of conditional
coding in there, and likely most of it is unnecessary.

Visit the validator as well.
Anyone have any thoughts?

You should rewrite the newsletter_archived page to inform your readers
that there are many non-bloated PDF readers available. For example:
http://foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

elzool

Ok... more information

It appears to place the white space at the top once the body (id="c2")
section of page exceeds a certain length. As long as it does not go
past that length, the page is fine.

This page http://labsysgrp.com/au.htm is my tester.

Good thing I got a haircut yesterday so I don't have as much of a mess
to clean up after I tear my hair out.

elzool

I am using this page to test with at this point.
http://labsysgrp.com/au2.htm

I detatched it from the template, validated it, it passes.

The problem appears to be the length of the page... I just haven't
figured out what the problem is yet.

Thanks for the pointer on the pdf reader, I doubt my employer will go
for it, but you never know.