    Could anyone say me the suggestions.

    Thanks in advance,
    MenakaPriya
    menaka, Mar 6, 2008

  2. menaka

    John Hosking Guest

    menaka wrote:
    > Hai ,

    Blinky, dieses Post ist für dich.

    > I do have the problem with IE6 and Mozilla Firefox display of Dropdown . Here
    > is the Problem,
    >
    > In Mozilla Firefox , the dropdown for the advanced Search page displays all
    > the options , but in case of IE it shows only four of the whole collection
    > with cursor movement . IE contains all the options , but shows only four of
    > them.
    >
    > and kindly follow the link
    >
    > http://find.galegroup.com/gdl/dispAdvSearch.do?prodId=GDL&userGroupName=gale

    When I don't accept cookies, I am taken to
    http://infotrac.galegroup.com/galen...cont=&sev=temp&type=session&sserv=no&ccheck=1
    (which is a fantastic URL, BTW), where I am told that I am not
    recognized as having access to this Thomson Gale Product:
    "Temporary cookie support must be enabled in your browser in order to
    use this product."

    When I do accept cookies, I am routed to
    http://infotrac.galegroup.com/galen...uth=true&cont=&sev=temp&type=session&sserv=no
    (another incredible URL), where I am prompted to enter my library card
    number (which I don't have).

    No dropdowns are in evidence in either case, ergo no dropdown display
    problem.

    My work here is dumb.

    --
    John
    Read about the UIP: http://improve-usenet.org/
    John Hosking, Mar 6, 2008

  3. John Hosking wrote:
    > menaka wrote:
    >> Hai ,

    > Blinky, dieses Post ist für dich.
    >

    >> I do have the problem with IE6 and Mozilla Firefox display of Dropdown
    >> . Here
    >> is the Problem,
    >>
    >> In Mozilla Firefox , the dropdown for the advanced Search page
    >> displays all
    >> the options , but in case of IE it shows only four of the whole
    >> collection
    >> with cursor movement . IE contains all the options , but shows only
    >> four of
    >> them.
    >> and kindly follow the link
    >> http://find.galegroup.com/gdl/dispAdvSearch.do?prodId=GDL&userGroupName=gale
    >>

    > When I don't accept cookies, I am taken to
    > http://infotrac.galegroup.com/galen...cont=&sev=temp&type=session&sserv=no&ccheck=1
    > (which is a fantastic URL, BTW), where I am told that I am not
    > recognized as having access to this Thomson Gale Product:
    > "Temporary cookie support must be enabled in your browser in order to
    > use this product."
    >
    > When I do accept cookies, I am routed to
    > http://infotrac.galegroup.com/galen...uth=true&cont=&sev=temp&type=session&sserv=no
    >
    > (another incredible URL), where I am prompted to enter my library card
    > number (which I don't have).
    >
    > No dropdowns are in evidence in either case, ergo no dropdown display
    > problem.

    Same scenario here, but form your description your "problem" is that you
    want IE to should more options in a SELECT element when dropped down.
    Answer is you cannot, it is "hardwired" behavior in IE.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 6, 2008
  4. Hai John,

    Thanks for your response... Sorry ... the url which have posted is asking for
    password...
    Could you plz enter the pwd: gale and try once. After that,it will redirect
    you the corresponding
    page.

    Thanks in advance,
    MenakaPriya

    menaka via WebmasterKB.com, Mar 7, 2008
  5. Hai Jonathan,

    Thanks for your response for my post , sorry the url which I have posted
    prompts for pwd,
    Plz do enter password as gale and could try once again.

    Waiting for suggestions,

    Thanks in advance,
    MenakaPriya

    menaka via WebmasterKB.com, Mar 7, 2008
  6. menaka via WebmasterKB.com wrote:
    > Hai Jonathan,
    >
    > Thanks for your response for my post , sorry the url which I have posted
    > prompts for pwd,
    > Plz do enter password as gale and could try once again.
    >
    > Waiting for suggestions,

    If you mean the first scrollable listbox, then specify the number of
    visible rows with the size parameter:

    <select name="selectedTab" multiple="multiple" id="selectContentArea"
    size="14">

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 7, 2008
  7. menaka via WebmasterKB.com wrote:

    > Hai Jonathan,
    >
    > Thanks for your response for my post , sorry the url which I have posted
    > prompts for pwd,
    > Plz do enter password as gale and could try once again.
    >
    > Waiting for suggestions,

    Get a real news client and dump the web interface kludge.

    > Thanks in advance,
    > MenakaPriya

    >>[quoted text clipped - 29 lines]
    >>> No dropdowns are in evidence in either case, ergo no dropdown display
    >>> problem.

    >>Same scenario here, but form your description your "problem" is that you
    >>want IE to should more options in a SELECT element when dropped down.
    >>Answer is you cannot, it is "hardwired" behavior in IE.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky: http://blinkynet.net