IE and Firefox problem

menaka

Hai ,

I do have the problem with IE6 and Mozilla Firefox display of Dropdown . Here
is the Problem,

In Mozilla Firefox , the dropdown for the advanced Search page displays all
the options , but in case of IE it shows only four of the whole collection
with cursor movement . IE contains all the options , but shows only four of
them.

and kindly follow the link

http://find.galegroup.com/gdl/dispAdvSearch.do?prodId=GDL&userGroupName=gale

Could anyone say me the suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
MenakaPriya

John Hosking

menaka said:

Blinky, dieses Post ist für dich.
I do have the problem with IE6 and Mozilla Firefox display of Dropdown . Here
is the Problem,

In Mozilla Firefox , the dropdown for the advanced Search page displays all
the options , but in case of IE it shows only four of the whole collection
with cursor movement . IE contains all the options , but shows only four of
them.

and kindly follow the link

http://find.galegroup.com/gdl/dispAdvSearch.do?prodId=GDL&userGroupName=gale

When I don't accept cookies, I am taken to
http://infotrac.galegroup.com/galen...cont=&sev=temp&type=session&sserv=no&ccheck=1
(which is a fantastic URL, BTW), where I am told that I am not
recognized as having access to this Thomson Gale Product:
"Temporary cookie support must be enabled in your browser in order to
use this product."

When I do accept cookies, I am routed to
http://infotrac.galegroup.com/galen...uth=true&cont=&sev=temp&type=session&sserv=no
(another incredible URL), where I am prompted to enter my library card
number (which I don't have).

No dropdowns are in evidence in either case, ergo no dropdown display
problem.

My work here is dumb.

Jonathan N. Little

John said:
Blinky, dieses Post ist für dich.

When I don't accept cookies, I am taken to
http://infotrac.galegroup.com/galen...cont=&sev=temp&type=session&sserv=no&ccheck=1
(which is a fantastic URL, BTW), where I am told that I am not
recognized as having access to this Thomson Gale Product:
"Temporary cookie support must be enabled in your browser in order to
use this product."

When I do accept cookies, I am routed to
http://infotrac.galegroup.com/galen...uth=true&cont=&sev=temp&type=session&sserv=no

(another incredible URL), where I am prompted to enter my library card
number (which I don't have).

No dropdowns are in evidence in either case, ergo no dropdown display
problem.

Same scenario here, but form your description your "problem" is that you
want IE to should more options in a SELECT element when dropped down.
Answer is you cannot, it is "hardwired" behavior in IE.

menaka via WebmasterKB.com

Hai John,

Thanks for your response... Sorry ... the url which have posted is asking for
password...
Could you plz enter the pwd: gale and try once. After that,it will redirect
you the corresponding
page.

Thanks in advance,
MenakaPriya

John said:

Blinky, dieses Post ist für dich.
I do have the problem with IE6 and Mozilla Firefox display of Dropdown . Here
is the Problem,
[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

When I don't accept cookies, I am taken to
http://infotrac.galegroup.com/galen...cont=&sev=temp&type=session&sserv=no&ccheck=1
(which is a fantastic URL, BTW), where I am told that I am not
recognized as having access to this Thomson Gale Product:
"Temporary cookie support must be enabled in your browser in order to
use this product."

When I do accept cookies, I am routed to
http://infotrac.galegroup.com/galen...uth=true&cont=&sev=temp&type=session&sserv=no
(another incredible URL), where I am prompted to enter my library card
number (which I don't have).

No dropdowns are in evidence in either case, ergo no dropdown display
problem.

My work here is dumb.

menaka via WebmasterKB.com

Hai Jonathan,

Thanks for your response for my post , sorry the url which I have posted
prompts for pwd,
Plz do enter password as gale and could try once again.

Waiting for suggestions,

Thanks in advance,
MenakaPriya

[quoted text clipped - 29 lines]

menaka said:
Hai Jonathan,

Thanks for your response for my post , sorry the url which I have posted
prompts for pwd,
Plz do enter password as gale and could try once again.

Waiting for suggestions,

If you mean the first scrollable listbox, then specify the number of
visible rows with the size parameter:

<select name="selectedTab" multiple="multiple" id="selectContentArea"
size="14">

Blinky the Shark

menaka said:
Hai Jonathan,

Thanks for your response for my post , sorry the url which I have posted
prompts for pwd,
Plz do enter password as gale and could try once again.

Waiting for suggestions,

Get a real news client and dump the web interface kludge.