IE object expect & expected identier, string, or integer error on same line

mattsniderppl

Hi,

I was hoping someone would know the reasons that this error is given,
since i can't find any documentation explaining what causes this. I
have a line of code in the onLoad function of my jsp page and everytime
i try to reference a variable or function from one of my *.js files i
get this error.

thanks
-matt

Ian Collins

Hi,

I was hoping someone would know the reasons that this error is given,
since i can't find any documentation explaining what causes this. I
have a line of code in the onLoad function of my jsp page and everytime
i try to reference a variable or function from one of my *.js files i
get this error.
I think the group's psychics are on holiday, so you'd better show the
code for the benefit of the rest of us.

VK

"IE object expect & expected identier, string, or integer error on same line"
I was hoping someone would know the reasons that this error is given.

An error like that would mean "you've just got busted,... man". :)

:-|

Lucky for programmers' stamina there is not such error: so you are
getting something else, possibly #5009 "Undefined identifier" (JScript
notation).

A sample of the abusing page would be highly helpful.