    What am I missing?

    Here's a link to the page www.terzic-bus.hr

    beginer

    PIAGGIO-SB, Feb 1, 2008

  2. PIAGGIO-SB

    Els Guest

    PIAGGIO-SB wrote:

    > I have a problem with a syntax eror in start .
    >
    > What am I missing?
    >
    > Here's a link to the page www.terzic-bus.hr
    >
    > beginer

    Besides the various validation errors, there is also the infamous
    "Byte-Order Mark".

    <http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.terzic-bus.hr%2F>

    "The Unicode Byte-Order Mark (BOM) in UTF-8 encoded files is known to
    cause problems for some text editors and older browsers."

    Open your html file in a text editor, and get rid of the 3 funny
    characters at the start, before saving and re-uploading. Some text
    editors can be set to not use this BOM, like for example TextPad
    (http://textpad.com/)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Feb 1, 2008

  3. PIAGGIO-SB

    PIAGGIO-SB Guest

    Thank you!
    i will try later when I come home from work

    <http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.terzic-bus.hr%

    PIAGGIO-SB, Feb 1, 2008
  4. PIAGGIO-SB

    Hartmann Guest

    I didn't really understand you.
    I changed the page but the problem exsists
    so small problem but so ...grrr

    Hartmann, Feb 1, 2008
  5. PIAGGIO-SB

    Els Guest

    Hartmann wrote:
    > "PIAGGIO-SB" <-com.hr> wrote in message
    >> "Els" <> wrote in message

    >>> Besides the various validation errors, there is also the infamous
    >>> "Byte-Order Mark".
    >>>
    >>> <http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.terzic-bus.hr%2F>
    >>>
    >>> "The Unicode Byte-Order Mark (BOM) in UTF-8 encoded files is known to
    >>> cause problems for some text editors and older browsers."
    >>>
    >>> Open your html file in a text editor, and get rid of the 3 funny
    >>> characters at the start, before saving and re-uploading. Some text
    >>> editors can be set to not use this BOM, like for example TextPad
    >>> (http://textpad.com/)

    >> Thank you!
    >> i will try later when I come home from work

    > I didn't really understand you.
    > I changed the page but the problem exsists
    > so small problem but so ...grrr

    You changed it by taking out the doctype?
    The doctype was good, best put it back in :)

    One of the errors that causes a lot of other "errors" to appear in the
    validator, was that on the line before <body>, you have <head>. This
    should be </head>. If you change that, a whole bunch of errors will
    magically disappear.

    This is separate from the Byte-Order Mark though. Which editor are you
    using to edit your HTML files?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Feb 1, 2008