IE says problem with sytax eror line 2 char 1

Els

PIAGGIO-SB said:
I have a problem with a syntax eror in start .

What am I missing?

Here's a link to the page www.terzic-bus.hr

beginer

Besides the various validation errors, there is also the infamous
"Byte-Order Mark".

<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.terzic-bus.hr/>

"The Unicode Byte-Order Mark (BOM) in UTF-8 encoded files is known to
cause problems for some text editors and older browsers."

Open your html file in a text editor, and get rid of the 3 funny
characters at the start, before saving and re-uploading. Some text
editors can be set to not use this BOM, like for example TextPad
(http://textpad.com/)

Hartmann

I didn't really understand you.
I changed the page but the problem exsists
so small problem but so ...grrr

Els

Hartmann said:
I didn't really understand you.
I changed the page but the problem exsists
so small problem but so ...grrr

You changed it by taking out the doctype?
The doctype was good, best put it back in :)

One of the errors that causes a lot of other "errors" to appear in the
validator, was that on the line before <body>, you have <head>. This
should be </head>. If you change that, a whole bunch of errors will
magically disappear.

This is separate from the Byte-Order Mark though. Which editor are you
using to edit your HTML files?