    expected.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Super Mango, Aug 25, 2006

  2. Super Mango

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "Super Mango" <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > In this page I have two things that arn't compatible:
    > http://www.mangoplex.com/contact-en.php
    >
    > 1) There is a script that makes the phone number to go to the clipboard
    > when clicking on it. Does not work for FF.
    >
    > 2) the footer in FF is on the left, while in IE it's centred, as
    > expected.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I think for the footer you might try

    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;

    You have no instruction in the css that I see to make the whole
    dive centre.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 25, 2006

  3. Super Mango wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > In this page I have two things that arn't compatible:
    > http://www.mangoplex.com/contact-en.php
    >
    > 1) There is a script that makes the phone number to go to the clipboard
    > when clicking on it. Does not work for FF.

    I believe '.execCommand("Copy");' is JScript and not JavaScript, i.e.,
    IE only... Anyway is is really that hard for someone one to drag-select
    and CTRL+C (and whatever MAC use) and put it in the clipboard themselve?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Aug 26, 2006
  4. Super Mango

    Super Mango Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Super Mango wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > In this page I have two things that arn't compatible:
    > > http://www.mangoplex.com/contact-en.php
    > >
    > > 1) There is a script that makes the phone number to go to the clipboard
    > > when clicking on it. Does not work for FF.

    > I believe '.execCommand("Copy");' is JScript and not JavaScript, i.e.,
    > IE only... Anyway is is really that hard for someone one to drag-select
    > and CTRL+C (and whatever MAC use) and put it in the clipboard themselve?
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    > http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Thanks,

    The question was technical about functionality.

    Yes it's not a problem to press CTRL-C, so?

    It's not a problem to write down on paper as well.
    Super Mango, Aug 26, 2006
  5. Super Mango

    Super Mango Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    > "Super Mango" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > In this page I have two things that arn't compatible:
    > > http://www.mangoplex.com/contact-en.php
    > >
    > > 1) There is a script that makes the phone number to go to the clipboard
    > > when clicking on it. Does not work for FF.
    > >
    > > 2) the footer in FF is on the left, while in IE it's centred, as
    > > expected.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?

    > I think for the footer you might try
    >
    > margin-left: auto;
    > margin-right: auto;
    >
    > You have no instruction in the css that I see to make the whole
    > dive centre.
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    Thanks!
    That did it!
    Super Mango, Aug 26, 2006
  6. Super Mango wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >> Super Mango wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> In this page I have two things that arn't compatible:
    >>> http://www.mangoplex.com/contact-en.php
    >>>
    >>> 1) There is a script that makes the phone number to go to the clipboard
    >>> when clicking on it. Does not work for FF.

    >> I believe '.execCommand("Copy");' is JScript and not JavaScript, i.e.,
    >> IE only... Anyway is is really that hard for someone one to drag-select
    >> and CTRL+C (and whatever MAC use) and put it in the clipboard themselve?

    > Thanks,
    >
    > The question was technical about functionality.
    >
    > Yes it's not a problem to press CTRL-C, so?

    So JScript is MS only and so it will not be functional in non-IE
    browsers...(technically)

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Aug 26, 2006
  7. Super Mango

    Andy Mabbett Guest

    In message <>,
    Super Mango <> writes

    >1) There is a script that makes the phone number to go to the clipboard
    >when clicking on it. Does not work for FF.

    Why not mark it up as an "hCard" microformat:

    <http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard>

    Examples:

    <http://www.westmidlandbirdclub.com/club/other.htm>

    --
    Andy Mabbett
    Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards: <http://www.no2id.net/>

    Free Our Data: <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>
    Andy Mabbett, Aug 27, 2006
  8. Super Mango wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >> Super Mango wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> In this page I have two things that arn't compatible:
    >>> http://www.mangoplex.com/contact-en.php
    >>>
    >>> 1) There is a script that makes the phone number to go to the clipboard
    >>> when clicking on it. Does not work for FF.

    >> I believe '.execCommand("Copy");' is JScript and not JavaScript, i.e.,
    >> IE only... Anyway is is really that hard for someone one to drag-select
    >> and CTRL+C (and whatever MAC use) and put it in the clipboard themselve?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Take care,
    >>
    >> Jonathan
    >> -------------------
    >> LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    >> http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    > Thanks,
    >
    > The question was technical about functionality.
    >
    > Yes it's not a problem to press CTRL-C, so?
    >
    > It's not a problem to write down on paper as well.

    True, but a general principle for creating user-friendly web pages is
    NOT to clutter them with special ways to do things they already know how
    to do just as simply, using their computer's standard feature. This
    applies as well to Back links, Print links (unless they also reformat
    the contents into a more suitable form for printing), Back to Top links,
    and so forth. Many of your users will just wonder, "How does he think I
    function at all if he thinks I need special help with these things?" or
    "Hmmm, he wants me to click a link to perform a normal function. What's
    he trying to trick me into executing?"

    Also, from the user's viewpoint, browser access to the clipboard poses a
    privacy risk--do YOU want other people's servers to read what you may
    happen to have at the moment in your clipboard? That's why IE lets users
    deny clipboard access to Javascript. (Which means, of course, that your
    link won't even work in IE for some people.)
    Harlan Messinger, Aug 27, 2006