    pointing to the same css file.

    How is this possible?

    The URL is http://peglegsurf.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6
    sheldonlg, Apr 3, 2008

  2. sheldonlg wrote:
    > Here is a VERY strange occurance. I modified a Zen Cart installation by
    > editing the stylesheet.css. When I looked at it in Firefox all the
    > changes are there. (Basically, all I did was change background colors,
    > colors and borders). When I looked at in IE6, only the earlier changes
    > were there.
    >
    > So, I figured that there was caching. I deleted the temp files and the
    > cookies. Exited the browser (while on a different page), and reopened.
    > Same thing.
    >
    > Then I went to another machine that had never looked at this site. Same
    > thing.
    >
    > I did a view source on both FF and IE and they are both identical and
    > pointing to the same css file.
    >
    > How is this possible?
    >
    > The URL is http://peglegsurf.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

    HINT: // is not a CSS comment...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 3, 2008

  3. sheldonlg

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    > sheldonlg wrote:
    >> Here is a VERY strange occurance. I modified a Zen Cart installation by
    >> editing the stylesheet.css. When I looked at it in Firefox all the
    >> changes are there. (Basically, all I did was change background colors,
    >> colors and borders). When I looked at in IE6, only the earlier changes
    >> were there.
    >>
    >> So, I figured that there was caching. I deleted the temp files and the
    >> cookies. Exited the browser (while on a different page), and reopened.
    >> Same thing.
    >>
    >> Then I went to another machine that had never looked at this site. Same
    >> thing.
    >>
    >> I did a view source on both FF and IE and they are both identical and
    >> pointing to the same css file.
    >>
    >> How is this possible?
    >>
    >> The URL is http://peglegsurf.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

    > HINT: // is not a CSS comment...

    Hint #2:
    /* This is a CSS comment */
    Nik Coughlin, Apr 3, 2008
  4. sheldonlg

    sheldonlg Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote in message
    >> sheldonlg wrote:
    >>> Here is a VERY strange occurance. I modified a Zen Cart installation
    >>> by editing the stylesheet.css. When I looked at it in Firefox all
    >>> the changes are there. (Basically, all I did was change background
    >>> colors, colors and borders). When I looked at in IE6, only the
    >>> earlier changes were there.
    >>>
    >>> So, I figured that there was caching. I deleted the temp files and
    >>> the cookies. Exited the browser (while on a different page), and
    >>> reopened. Same thing.
    >>>
    >>> Then I went to another machine that had never looked at this site.
    >>> Same thing.
    >>>
    >>> I did a view source on both FF and IE and they are both identical and
    >>> pointing to the same css file.
    >>>
    >>> How is this possible?
    >>>
    >>> The URL is http://peglegsurf.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

    >> HINT: // is not a CSS comment...

    > Hint #2:
    > /* This is a CSS comment */

    Thank you. That did it. I am a PHP programmer who does some Javascript
    and now I had to tackle a CSS. Force of habit. Interestingly, FF seems
    to handle it as a comment since I do all of my development in FF.

    Thanks again.
    sheldonlg, Apr 3, 2008
  5. sheldonlg wrote:

    > Thank you. That did it. I am a PHP programmer who does some Javascript
    > and now I had to tackle a CSS. Force of habit. Interestingly, FF seems
    > to handle it as a comment since I do all of my development in FF.
    >
    > Thanks again.

    Actually, FF handles it as an invalid rule due to a syntax error and
    discards is as it is supposed to, and IE ignores the error and parses
    the rule as it "guesses" it to be as it is *not* supposed to...

    That is why those IE underscore hacks "_border: ..." 'work', (as least
    for now)... BTW: I am not condoning the hacks

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 3, 2008
  6. Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 3, 2008
  7. sheldonlg

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

    > Here is a VERY strange occurance. I modified a Zen Cart installation by
    > editing the stylesheet.css. When I looked at it in Firefox all the
    > changes are there. (Basically, all I did was change background colors,
    > colors and borders). When I looked at in IE6, only the earlier changes
    > were there.
    >
    > So, I figured that there was caching. I deleted the temp files and the
    > cookies. Exited the browser (while on a different page), and reopened.
    > Same thing.
    >
    > Then I went to another machine that had never looked at this site. Same
    > thing.
    >
    > I did a view source on both FF and IE and they are both identical and
    > pointing to the same css file.
    >
    > How is this possible?
    >
    > The URL is http://peglegsurf.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

    First thing to do is to fix up all errors as best as you can:

    http://tinyurl.com/39mzg

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 3, 2008
  8. sheldonlg

    Ed Jay Guest

    dorayme scribed:

    >In article
    ><>,
    > dorayme <> wrote:
    >
    >> > The URL is http://peglegsurf.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

    >> First thing to do is to fix up all errors as best as you can:
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/39mzg

    >Huh! Last time I looked this last was to the css validator. Now it is to
    >some BBC site. No idea how this happened?

    It's probably a daylight savings time issue.
    --
    Ed Jay (remove 'M' to respond by email)
    Ed Jay, Apr 3, 2008
  9. sheldonlg

    dorayme Guest

    dorayme, Apr 3, 2008
  10. sheldonlg

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Ed Jay <> wrote:

    > dorayme scribed:
    >
    > >In article
    > ><>,

    > >> First thing to do is to fix up all errors as best as you can:
    > >>
    > >> http://tinyurl.com/39mzg

    > >Huh! Last time I looked this last was to the css validator. Now it is to
    > >some BBC site. No idea how this happened?

    > It's probably a daylight savings time issue.

    Ed. You are teasing me! I can tell straight away. <g>

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 3, 2008
  11. On Apr 2, 7:07 pm, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:
    > Here is a VERY strange occurance....

    Who cares. Get better images of the t-shirts. The images you have
    now look like hell and will probably cost you more business and
    anything else you could do to gain business.
    Travis Newbury, Apr 3, 2008
  12. Travis Newbury wrote:
    > On Apr 2, 7:07 pm, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:
    >> Here is a VERY strange occurance....

    > Who cares. Get better images of the t-shirts. The images you have
    > now look like hell and will probably cost you more business and
    > anything else you could do to gain business.

    Flash would fix it right?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 3, 2008
  13. sheldonlg

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 03 Apr 2008, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > Travis Newbury wrote:
    >> On Apr 2, 7:07 pm, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:
    >>> Here is a VERY strange occurance....

    >> Who cares. Get better images of the t-shirts. The images you have
    >> now look like hell and will probably cost you more business and
    >> anything else you could do to gain business.

    > Flash would fix it right?

    Instigator!!

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/
    Neredbojias, Apr 3, 2008
  14. Neredbojias wrote:
    > On 03 Apr 2008, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Travis Newbury wrote:
    >>> Who cares. Get better images of the t-shirts. The images you have
    >>> now look like hell and will probably cost you more business and
    >>> anything else you could do to gain business.

    >> Flash would fix it right?

    > Instigator!!

    Why not? Isn't is so powerful that is can do everything from cure
    hemorrhoids to promote world peace? ;-) Anyway it is powerful enough to
    bring down Redmond's flagship, Vista Ultimate ...

    http://dvlabs.tippingpoint.com/blog/2008/03/28/pwn-to-own-final-day-and-wrap-up
    TippingPoint | DVLabs | PWN to OWN: Final Day (and another winner!)

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 3, 2008
  15. On Apr 3, 9:37 am, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    > Flash would fix it right?

    I can smell the sarcasm....
    Travis Newbury, Apr 3, 2008
  16. On Apr 3, 6:15 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    > Why not? Isn't is so powerful that is can do everything from cure
    > hemorrhoids to promote world peace?

    I know for a fact it does not cure hemroids!

    > Anyway it is powerful enough to
    > bring down Redmond's flagship, Vista Ultimate ...

    This has been a personal goal* I have had for about a year. And now
    they've provided me the tools...

    *Note to the Microsoft Secret Police. This post was a joke. I have
    not been planning ways to bring down Vista. I love it, really I do.
    It's that Neredbojias person you need to look at.
    Travis Newbury, Apr 3, 2008
  17. Travis Newbury wrote:

    > This has been a personal goal* I have had for about a year. And now
    > they've provided me the tools...

    Actually I think MS did it to themselves, after the umteenth time of
    clicking the security dialog "Do you really want to..." the user will
    intentionally do something to hose the system!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 4, 2008
  18. Travis Newbury wrote:
    > On Apr 3, 9:37 am, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    >> Flash would fix it right?

    > I can smell the sarcasm....

    You're no fun...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 4, 2008
  19. sheldonlg

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Neredbojias wrote:

    >>> Flash would fix it right?

    >> Instigator!!
    >>

    > Why not? Isn't is so powerful that is can do everything from cure
    > hemorrhoids

    I seem to remember reading or hearing about a laser treatment for
    hemorrhoids recently. So, yeah, maybe a Flash could do that! Or,
    maybe, if the perpetrator was ugly enough a Flasher might contract my
    sphincter harshly and suddenly enough to solve the problem. On the other
    hand, if I were a shark ... um ... do sharks have sphincters?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Apr 4, 2008
  20. sheldonlg

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 03 Apr 2008, Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    >> Anyway it is powerful enough to
    >> bring down Redmond's flagship, Vista Ultimate ...

    > This has been a personal goal* I have had for about a year. And now
    > they've provided me the tools...
    >
    > *Note to the Microsoft Secret Police. This post was a joke. I have
    > not been planning ways to bring down Vista. I love it, really I do.
    > It's that Neredbojias person you need to look at.

    I am a little guy, and it seems to me that Microsoft has been trying to
    screw the little guy for as far back as I can remember.

    But don't forget, Mr. Gates., that it was the "little guy" who made you
    your $60 billion+ fortune, not the big guys you are now trying to get into
    bed with. Sleep with the devil and you'll go to hell. On the other hand,
    if you earnestly strive to make your product something actually worthwhile
    to the normal, average person, Elysium may just be your reward. "The meek
    shall inherit the earth".

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/