IE WebControls Toolbar

rodchar

hey all,
i noticed in the msdn docs it says that the ie webcontrols are no longer
supported. is there a new version (particularly the toolbar) that i should
use?

thanks,
rodchar

Mark Fitzpatrick

The IE WebControls were never supported as they were not an official product
release (it's actually written that they are not currently supported, which
is technically true since they never had support) and haven't been updated
since before the .Net 2.0 Framework was released I believe. A number of
items eventually up in ASP.Net, such as the treeview, but the toolbar didn't
make it in there.

There are some free controls out there. Check out CodePlex as they have a
lot of fantastic projects there. There's a toolbar there at:
http://www.codeplex.com/WebToolbar I haven't used this one myself but it's
a start.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick