IE

Ayrton

I make this sample applet, with jsk 1.5.0. In IE I disabled JRE and set
"JIT compiler for vitual machine enable....", and the applet don't run.
What kind of option I've to include with javac ?

The html tag I've used is:

<applet code="FirstApplet.class" width=150 height=100> </applet>

import java.applet.*;
import java.awt.*;

public class FirstApplet extends Applet {
// This method displays the applet.
public void paint(Graphics g) {
g.drawString("Hello World", 25, 50);

THANK YOU !!

Roedy Green

I make this sample applet, with jsk 1.5.0. In IE I disabled JRE and set
"JIT compiler for vitual machine enable....", and the applet don't run.
What kind of option I've to include with javac ?

tools | Internet options | advanced.

tick java ( sun )

untick the three boxes of Microsoft VM. It does not exist anymore.

Also go into control panel | Java and sniff around.

Andrew Thompson

Ayrton said:
I make this sample applet, with jsk 1.5.0. In IE I disabled JRE and set
"JIT compiler for vitual machine enable....",

The MS VM?
..and the applet don't run.
What kind of option I've to include with javac ?

-target 1.1

...but to be absolutely sure, you need to specify the
-bootclasspath oprion as well, and point it to a
1.1 VM (there is one hiding in your IE), find it with..
<http://www.physci.org/ms/msclassfile.jsp>

You need the one that contains java.lang.Object
The html tag I've used is:

<applet code="FirstApplet.class" width=150 height=100> </applet>

That looks OK.
import java.applet.*;
import java.awt.*;

public class FirstApplet extends Applet {
// This method displays the applet.
public void paint(Graphics g) {
g.drawString("Hello World", 25, 50);

And that code should work in any VM (1.1+).

HTH

John C. Bollinger

Ayrton said:
I make this sample applet, with jsk 1.5.0. In IE I disabled JRE and set
"JIT compiler for vitual machine enable....", and the applet don't run.

JIT compilation is not a substitute for use of a JRE, but rather a
characteristic of a JRE's behavior. Your browser needs to use a JRE to
run applets; you will be happier if you make it use one of the recent
Sun JREs instead of Microsoft's old and quirky one (if you even have
that one available in the first place).