    different src="http://..." code.
    I'd like to link with something like this ...

    http://mydom.no/iframe.htm&location=http://somewhare.com/target.htm

    Motta, May 21, 2004

  2. Motta

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "Motta" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Is it possible to link to an html page containing iframe, and decide by a
    > link argument what page to show in the iframe?
    >
    > What I want is to avoid is making almost similar pages containing only the
    > different src="http://..." code.
    > I'd like to link with something like this ...
    >
    > http://mydom.no/iframe.htm&location=http://somewhare.com/target.htm

    We do exactly this on a couple of our sites, in ASP.

    something like

    url: something.com?page=news.asp

    then the code for the index.asp page;

    <%
    framePage = request("page")
    if framePage = "" then
    framePage="myDefaultPageInCaseNoPageWasPassedInTheUrl.asp"
    end if
    %>
    <iframe src=http://something.com/<%=framePage%> ... > ... </iframe>

    SpaceGirl, May 21, 2004

  3. Motta

    Richard Guest

    Motta wrote:

    > Is it possible to link to an html page containing iframe, and decide by a
    > link argument what page to show in the iframe?

    > What I want is to avoid is making almost similar pages containing only
    > the different src="http://..." code.
    > I'd like to link with something like this ...

    > http://mydom.no/iframe.htm&location=http://somewhare.com/target.htm

    Do not do this across two seperate domains.
    If you do and the other domain is not aware, and has not given permission,
    you will be told to stop immediately.
    This is in effect stealing bandwidth, intellectual property, and perhaps
    infringing on trademarks and copyrights.

    If I find someone doing it to me, I just redirect them to an adult website
    with tons of sexually explicit graphics.

    Richard, May 22, 2004