IFrame Page_Load multiple time

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Chukka, May 25, 2006.

  1. Chukka

    Chukka Guest

    I have iframe inside Firstpage.aspx page like this...

    <IFRAME id="IFrame_One" style="WIDTH: 1029px; HEIGHT: 425px"
    name="IFrame_Documents" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0"
    src="http://int.comp.com/secure/dir/toLoadpage.aspx" frameBorder="0"
    scrolling="yes"></IFRAME>

    When I open Firstpage.aspx, the page inside the iframe
    (toLoadpage.aspx) loads twice (confirmed from logs, it's not just
    graphical refresh). The frame literally loads the toLoadpage.aspx then
    goes blank and loads again. This is happening with any aspx page, it
    happens even if I link to any random site on the web. I can't afford to
    have this page loading twice because that page is resource intensive
    (needs lots of data from backends).

    I have smartNavigation and AutoEventWireup as false in Firstpage.aspx
    and I don't do anything with the iframe control in the codebehind. I
    have tried making the iframe as runatserver and setting the "src" of
    the iframe through code but the iframe still loads twice.

    The weird part is this ONLY happens in IE but not in firefox.

    Can somebody help me please, I tried googling without success.

    Chukka, May 25, 2006