iframe problem

martijn

Hi,

i'm using iframes on a webpage but when i use this code:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<IFRAME src="/cgi-bin/blabla.pl"+ts+"" width="100%" height="100%"
frameborder="0" scrolling="NO" marginheight="0"
marginwidth="0"></IFRAME>
</BODY>
</HTML>
i get white borders around my frame... does anny1 know how i can
delete those?
now the site looks verry crappy :(

thanks in advance
greetz,
Smas

Ryan Stewart

martijn said:
Hi,

i'm using iframes on a webpage but when i use this code:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<IFRAME src="/cgi-bin/blabla.pl"+ts+"" width="100%" height="100%"
frameborder="0" scrolling="NO" marginheight="0"
marginwidth="0"></IFRAME>
</BODY>
</HTML>
i get white borders around my frame... does anny1 know how i can
delete those?
now the site looks verry crappy :(

thanks in advance
greetz,
Smas

I don't see any borders in IE 6.0, but you might try:
style="border: none;"

iframes are not known for their compatibility across browsers though.

Richard

martijn said:
i'm using iframes on a webpage but when i use this code:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<IFRAME src="/cgi-bin/blabla.pl"+ts+"" width="100%" height="100%"
frameborder="0" scrolling="NO" marginheight="0"
marginwidth="0"></IFRAME>
</BODY>
</HTML>
i get white borders around my frame... does anny1 know how i can
delete those?
now the site looks verry crappy :(
thanks in advance
greetz,
Smas

Why do you want an iframe as big as the entire page?
Try this instead.

..scroll {
height :
width :
padding : ;
background: ;
overflow : scroll;
float : left;
}

This would be compatible with more browsers.

What I don't know though is, how to trigger the script source within it.

Richard

martijn said:
i'm using iframes on a webpage but when i use this code:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<IFRAME src="/cgi-bin/blabla.pl"+ts+"" width="100%" height="100%"
frameborder="0" scrolling="NO" marginheight="0"
marginwidth="0"></IFRAME>
</BODY>
</HTML>
i get white borders around my frame... does anny1 know how i can
delete those?
now the site looks verry crappy :(
thanks in advance
greetz,
Smas

But then I see you don't want scrolling within the iframe itself.
Which kind of defeats the purpose of iframes.

Jukka K. Korpela

i'm using iframes on a webpage

Stop doing that. Problem solved.
<HEAD>
<IFRAME src="/cgi-bin/blabla.pl"+ts+"" width="100%" height="100%"
frameborder="0" scrolling="NO" marginheight="0"
marginwidth="0"></IFRAME>
</BODY>

The sole content of the body is an iframe. Are you trying to
participate in some obscurity contest? Besides, the markup is malformed
- what's that +ts+""? Surely not HTML.
now the site looks verry crappy :(

Well, I think I do believe that. Blessed are those who believe without
seeing the URL.

Leif K-Brooks

chriz said:

Do you realize that you are not posting to a website forum when you use
this site. They are passing your posts on to the usenet newsgroup
alt.html

alt.html is a publicly available newsgroup. The website you are
using is stealing its content directly from there and pretending that it
is their own. There is no original material at all on the website you
are looking at now. It is all coming directly from usenet.

martijn

I need to use them when i'm displaying perl script's in order to let
my sub-menu work. It's a multi frame dhtml menu that only works when i
specify the javascrip files in the html files. When i put those links
to the javasript files in the perl scripts the menu doesn't work.

the +ts+ is not html but it's also perl (blabla.pl).

greetz,
Smastie

Jukka K. Korpela

I need to use them

Huh? Please quote properly what you are commenting on; hints:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/dont.html
when i'm displaying perl script's

No you don't.
in order to let my sub-menu work.

If your navigation interferes with content, should you mess up the
content or fix the navigation?
It's a multi frame dhtml menu that only works
when i specify the javascrip files in the html files.

Sounds hopelessly tricky, and the description is useless for any
analysis of your problem. But thanks for making it clear that you were
just asking how to dig deeper. HTH. HAND.

martijn

Well, is there someone else who maybe knows how to delete those borders in iframes?

i DO need them so Jukka K. Korpela you can keep saying that i don't but i just do...

Unregistered

im having the same problem it leaves about a 20 pixel wide white spac
on the right of my iframe. Im using it to load a header.htm file.

not sure whats goin on but its sucks balls!

Unregistered

rf

Unregistered said:
im having the same problem it leaves about a 20 pixel wide white space
on the right of my iframe. Im using it to load a header.htm file.

Same problem as what? I don't see you quoting any problem.
Unregistered -

THIS is the problem. Please obtain a newsreader and visit us directly at
- you will find that some of us will then pay attention to
you. Continue using this 'forum' and you will probably be ignored.