    thanks in advance
    greetz,
    Smas

    martijn, Jan 22, 2004

  2. martijn

    Ryan Stewart Guest

    "martijn" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > i'm using iframes on a webpage but when i use this code:
    > <HTML>
    > <HEAD>
    > <IFRAME src="/cgi-bin/blabla.pl"+ts+"" width="100%" height="100%"
    > frameborder="0" scrolling="NO" marginheight="0"
    > marginwidth="0"></IFRAME>
    > </BODY>
    > </HTML>
    > i get white borders around my frame... does anny1 know how i can
    > delete those?
    > now the site looks verry crappy :(
    >
    > thanks in advance
    > greetz,
    > Smas

    I don't see any borders in IE 6.0, but you might try:
    style="border: none;"

    iframes are not known for their compatibility across browsers though.

    Ryan Stewart, Jan 22, 2004

  3. martijn

    chriz Guest

    chriz, Jan 22, 2004
  4. martijn

    Richard Guest

    martijn wrote:

    > Hi,

    > i'm using iframes on a webpage but when i use this code:
    > <HTML>
    > <HEAD>
    > <IFRAME src="/cgi-bin/blabla.pl"+ts+"" width="100%" height="100%"
    > frameborder="0" scrolling="NO" marginheight="0"
    > marginwidth="0"></IFRAME>
    > </BODY>
    > </HTML>
    > i get white borders around my frame... does anny1 know how i can
    > delete those?
    > now the site looks verry crappy :(

    > thanks in advance
    > greetz,
    > Smas

    Why do you want an iframe as big as the entire page?
    Try this instead.

    ..scroll {
    height :
    width :
    padding : ;
    background: ;
    overflow : scroll;
    float : left;
    }

    This would be compatible with more browsers.

    What I don't know though is, how to trigger the script source within it.

    Richard, Jan 22, 2004
  5. martijn

    Richard Guest

    martijn wrote:

    > Hi,

    > i'm using iframes on a webpage but when i use this code:
    > <HTML>
    > <HEAD>
    > <IFRAME src="/cgi-bin/blabla.pl"+ts+"" width="100%" height="100%"
    > frameborder="0" scrolling="NO" marginheight="0"
    > marginwidth="0"></IFRAME>
    > </BODY>
    > </HTML>
    > i get white borders around my frame... does anny1 know how i can
    > delete those?
    > now the site looks verry crappy :(

    > thanks in advance
    > greetz,
    > Smas

    But then I see you don't want scrolling within the iframe itself.
    Which kind of defeats the purpose of iframes.

    Richard, Jan 22, 2004
  6. (martijn) wrote:

    > i'm using iframes on a webpage

    Stop doing that. Problem solved.

    > <HEAD>
    > <IFRAME src="/cgi-bin/blabla.pl"+ts+"" width="100%" height="100%"
    > frameborder="0" scrolling="NO" marginheight="0"
    > marginwidth="0"></IFRAME>
    > </BODY>

    The sole content of the body is an iframe. Are you trying to
    participate in some obscurity contest? Besides, the markup is malformed
    - what's that +ts+""? Surely not HTML.

    > now the site looks verry crappy :(

    Well, I think I do believe that. Blessed are those who believe without
    seeing the URL.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 22, 2004
  7. chriz wrote:

    Do you realize that you are not posting to a website forum when you use
    this site. They are passing your posts on to the usenet newsgroup
    alt.html

    alt.html is a publicly available newsgroup. The website you are
    using is stealing its content directly from there and pretending that it
    is their own. There is no original material at all on the website you
    are looking at now. It is all coming directly from usenet.

    Leif K-Brooks, Jan 22, 2004
  8. martijn

    martijn Guest

    I need to use them when i'm displaying perl script's in order to let
    my sub-menu work. It's a multi frame dhtml menu that only works when i
    specify the javascrip files in the html files. When i put those links
    to the javasript files in the perl scripts the menu doesn't work.

    the +ts+ is not html but it's also perl (blabla.pl).

    greetz,
    Smastie

    martijn, Jan 23, 2004
  9. (martijn) wrote:

    > I need to use them

    Huh? Please quote properly what you are commenting on; hints:
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/dont.html

    > when i'm displaying perl script's

    No you don't.

    > in order to let my sub-menu work.

    If your navigation interferes with content, should you mess up the
    content or fix the navigation?

    > It's a multi frame dhtml menu that only works
    > when i specify the javascrip files in the html files.

    Sounds hopelessly tricky, and the description is useless for any
    analysis of your problem. But thanks for making it clear that you were
    just asking how to dig deeper. HTH. HAND.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 23, 2004
  10. martijn

    martijn Guest

    Well, is there someone else who maybe knows how to delete those borders in iframes?

    i DO need them so Jukka K. Korpela you can keep saying that i don't but i just do...

    martijn, Jan 24, 2004
  11. martijn

    Unregistered Guest

    im having the same problem it leaves about a 20 pixel wide white spac
    on the right of my iframe. Im using it to load a header.htm file.

    not sure whats goin on but its sucks balls!

    Unregistered

    Unregistered, Feb 13, 2004
  12. martijn

    rf Guest

    "Unregistered" <4designers.com> wrote in message

    > im having the same problem it leaves about a 20 pixel wide white space
    > on the right of my iframe. Im using it to load a header.htm file.

    Same problem as what? I don't see you quoting any problem.

    > Unregistered -

    THIS is the problem. Please obtain a newsreader and visit us directly at
    news:alt.html - you will find that some of us will then pay attention to
    you. Continue using this 'forum' and you will probably be ignored.

    rf, Feb 13, 2004