Iframe problem

Guest

I have a page with an Iframe on it, which runs an index.aspx. This works
fine in IE6.

In Netscape 8.02
Opera 9.02
Firefox 2.0
I get the actual space allocated for the IFrame, but nothing within it.

The Iframe is code generated and is:-

<iframe src= "file:///U:\web\index.html" width=800 height=800><asp:HyperLink
id="hypInfoMaper"runat="server">Your Browser does not support IFrames, please
click here to continue</asp:HyperLink></iframe>

Interestingly, if I change the URL to use a local drive instead of a network
drice IE fails the same way.

All browers work fine if a bash the url into the address bar.

anyone got any ideas?

guy

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

for security reasons, a file reference is not allowed by most browsers
unless the original page is a file reference. IE being less secure allows it
if security settings allow.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

bruce barker (sqlwork.com) said:
for security reasons, a file reference is not allowed by most browsers
unless the original page is a file reference. IE being less secure allows it
if security settings allow.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

thanks Bruce I will check that one out tomorrow

guy