IIS Internal Server Error 500

Chris P

I have an IIS 5.0 Server running on Windows 2000 Server which also has SQL Server, too. It is working fine and I have multple websites I been developing and playing around with that work perfectly. I have a website that connects to my SQL server and works with the database perfectly. However, I decided to do an ASP page that connects to a DSN-less or DSN Access .mdb file database. I keep getting the Internal Server Error 500. I cannot figure out what is going on. This same code works great for the other websites I have only they are SQL server databases. The diffferent database should be a problem nor should it cause this message. I configured IIS for executables and scripts. If you need anymore info let me know

Thanks ahead of time
Chris P

dave

IE > tools > options > DONT show friendly http errors

Chris P said:
I have an IIS 5.0 Server running on Windows 2000 Server which also has SQL
Server, too. It is working fine and I have multple websites I been
developing and playing around with that work perfectly. I have a website
that connects to my SQL server and works with the database perfectly.
However, I decided to do an ASP page that connects to a DSN-less or DSN
Access .mdb file database. I keep getting the Internal Server Error 500. I
cannot figure out what is going on. This same code works great for the other
websites I have only they are SQL server databases. The diffferent database
should be a problem nor should it cause this message. I configured IIS for
executables and scripts. If you need anymore info let me know.

Jeff Cochran

I have an IIS 5.0 Server running on Windows 2000 Server which also has SQL Server, too. It is working fine and I have multple websites I been developing and playing around with that work perfectly. I have a website that connects to my SQL server and works with the database perfectly. However, I decided to do an ASP page that connects to a DSN-less or DSN Access .mdb file database. I keep getting the Internal Server Error 500. I cannot figure out what is going on. This same code works great for the other websites I have only they are SQL server databases. The diffferent database should be a problem nor should it cause this message. I configured IIS for executables and scripts. If you need anymore info let me know.

See the FAQ:

Why do I get a 500 Internal Server error for all ASP errors?
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

Jeff