iis response time problem

IISçš„å“应时间问题,急ï¼ï¼ï¼å¤šè°¢æ— è¨€

i distribute a website on IIS which is programmed with C# HttpHandler,then i
pragram a Winform client to send empty call to the website and record the
time that the call return to client.
when the webform and website are both on the same machine,it will waste
below 50 millisecond.
but when the webform is on other machine in the same local network,it will
waste above 150 millisecond.
why?it's a urgent problem,please help me and tell me how to solve it.thank
you very much.
(by the way,if server is EASERVER(Sybase Server),it nearly waste the same
time)

Martin Honnen

IISçš„å“应时间问题,急ï¼ï¼ï¼å¤šè°¢æ— è¨€ said:
i distribute a website on IIS which is programmed with C# HttpHandler,then i
pragram a Winform client to send empty call to the website and record the
time that the call return to client.
when the webform and website are both on the same machine,it will waste
below 50 millisecond.
but when the webform is on other machine in the same local network,it will
waste above 150 millisecond.
why?it's a urgent problem,please help me and tell me how to solve it.

You have wasted even more time by posting to this newsgroup about
classical ASP with a question about ASP.NET/C#. Try
instead.

Paxton

IIS??????? said:
i distribute a website on IIS which is programmed with C# HttpHandler,then
pragram a Winform client to send empty call to the website and record the
time that the call return to client.
when the webform and website are both on the same machine,it will waste
below 50 millisecond.
but when the webform is on other machine in the same local network,it will
waste above 150 millisecond.
why?it's a urgent problem,please help me and tell me how to solve it.thank
you very much.
(by the way,if server is EASERVER(Sybase Server),it nearly waste the same
time)

I can't answer the question, but I'm fascinated as to why a 100 millisecond
difference in response time is so critical.

Jeff Dillon

Make sure you use an IP address, instead of machinename. DNS might be taking
the extra time

Jeff