IIS "RPC Server not available"

John Black

I hope someone can help me with this problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled
IIS because it wasn't serving up ASP pages after a recent Active Directory
installation. I thought this would help, but it didn't. I am now not even
able to get the default page for IIS. When I type the address
http://localhost I get the message "RPC Server not available" and when I hit
the refresh I get the message "The requested resource is in use". It appears
to be installed but for some reason it says the RPC Server is unavailable
when I request the localhost which should, to my understanding, call the
server to request a page. What can I do to fix this problem short of
reinstalling my OS?

NetSyncro.com

I'm not sure if this will help, but you may try
uninstalling .Net Framework and IIS. Then reinstall IIS
and then install latest version of .Net Framework.