IIS Version

Guest

I am developing a simple asp.net application with vs 2003 on my PC (win XP)
The company server is a Windows 2000 Server SP4.

Can I host my application on IIS installed on Windows 2000 Server or I
need a Windows 2003 server and IIS 6?
If I will pass to VS.NET 2005 I'll need windows 2003 Server or Windows 2000
server is ok?
Need I any kind of license in order to have my application accessed by 100 or
200 or 300 users?
Thanks in advance
Gianluca

Karl Seguin

Gianluca:
An application developed on Windows XP will work on Windows 2000 - make sure
that they both have the same version of .Net installed. If you are using
VS.NEt 2003, you have 1.1.4322 so you'll want to install the 1.1.4322
Redistributable on the 2000 server
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842
-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en) but I assume it already is....

As for licenses, you don't need anything special for ASP.Net, any licensing
is with respect to Windows..so if you have a valid version of Windows you're
ok.

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials