Server version of Windows XP

Jim Richards

When I print out the Help files for an error, it says: "1. Make sure that
the Web server computer is running a server version of Windows 2000, Windows
XP, or Windows Server 2003.

At this point, I do not know if my PC is acceptable for programming Web
Applications.

Just exactly what does "a server version of Windows XP" mean? I have Windows
XP Professional w/SP2 and I have IIs and Front Page Extensions installed
using the "Add/Remove Components" and I have installed SQL Server 2000. Is
this enough for me to be able to create a Web Program in Visual Studio.NET
2003 Enterprise Developer Edition?

Thanks in advance for any help. Jim

Mike

If your running XP Pro with IIS then yes you can create web apps by using VS
..NET 2003. I'm running XP Pro and creating web sites on my local box by
using VS 2003, and VS 2005 and I just installed VS 2008 as well. So you
should be able to.