IIS

CFTK

Hi, I want to publish my Website at IIS and I am not administrator...
I want to check this conclusion is right...
OK, this is what we have got; we can do it in two ways:
1. Creating the Website directly at wwwroot, what gives it the
corresponding permission
2.Creating the Website under FileSystem . Create a virtualdirectory
under IIS pointing to our Website folder. Give permission to the ASPNET

user over that folder.

That´s the way it worked for us. Is that the correct way?

thanks

P.D: By the way, we have as predetermined file our Default.aspx;
however it doesn´t arrive to it unless you type it explicitly at the
url. ( and I must say it has worked before...) have you any idea of
what could be happening?

Laurent Bugnion [MVP]

Hi,
Hi, I want to publish my Website at IIS and I am not administrator...
I want to check this conclusion is right...
OK, this is what we have got; we can do it in two ways:
1. Creating the Website directly at wwwroot, what gives it the
corresponding permission
2.Creating the Website under FileSystem . Create a virtualdirectory
under IIS pointing to our Website folder. Give permission to the ASPNET
user over that folder.

That´s the way it worked for us. Is that the correct way?

In ASP.NET 2, when you create your web site / web application, you can
also specify File System as a location. This is useful for the
development, because in that case you do not need to "pollute" your IIS
with a virtual folder, but the integrated web server is used. In ASP.NET
1.1, however, the ways you describe are the only ones.
thanks

P.D: By the way, we have as predetermined file our Default.aspx;
however it doesn´t arrive to it unless you type it explicitly at the
url. ( and I must say it has worked before...) have you any idea of
what could be happening?

The default file is set in the IIS console (unless you have IIS7, in
which case it's different, refer to the documentation). Check that this
is the case for your virtual directory (IIS console, then right click on
the virtual folder, Properties / Documents. You must see Default.aspx in
this list. This can also be specified globally in the web site's
properties, under Properties / Documents).

HTH,
Laurent

CFTK

we´re still stuck! ( but thanks for your answer!)

We have achieved it all works using the connectionString with user and
password of the superuser (sa), but with IntegratedSecurity we get the
following message after login in our application:

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL
Server connection.

I don´t know if it even doesn´t see the username and password I
write, or if it is a problem with permission.... What I don´t
understand is that we haven't this problem with the integrated web
server and yes with IIS...

Concerning the Default.aspx page I have already done what you told me
but I only achieve it if I check Windows Authentication but in that
case when I want to see the page from another machine I get the
authentication window... ( It happens the same to see the
images/pictures I have...)

By the way Ciaran, I don´t understand exactly what you mean with
creating a new application in the virtual directory using the
properties sheet for the VD, how can I do that?

Any idea...?

Thanks!