    I've also posted in the Borland Turbo Cpp group but they have about 14
    subscribers so I'm not holding my breath.

    Regards,

    I Own The Letter O, Jun 10, 2008

  2. I Own The Letter O

    Ian Collins Guest

    I Own The Letter O wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm quite new to the whole world of Cpp so the above fatal error is
    > very perplexing. I'm using Borland Turbo Cpp. I have a very simple
    > program at the moment and I get the above error.

    Which error in which code? post them both.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Jun 10, 2008

  3. On 10 Jun, 10:08, Ian Collins <> wrote:
    > I Own The Letter O wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > I'm quite new to the whole world of Cpp so the above fatal error is
    > > very perplexing. I'm using Borland Turbo Cpp. I have a very simple
    > > program at the moment and I get the above error.

    > Which error in which code?  post them both.
    >
    > --
    > Ian Collins.

    The error is "Fatal:Illegal VIRDEF fixup index in Module XYZ Options"
    as in the subject header. The code will have to wait until I get home.

    I'm not sure what a VirDef is, I can make a guess that it is something
    to do with classes, possibly virtual definitions? I have not got onto
    learning about the Virtual keyword yet so I'm definately not using it
    let alone using an illegal one.

    I Own The Letter O, Jun 10, 2008
  4. I Own The Letter O

    Ian Collins Guest

    I Own The Letter O wrote:
    > On 10 Jun, 10:08, Ian Collins <> wrote:
    >> I Own The Letter O wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I'm quite new to the whole world of Cpp so the above fatal error is
    >>> very perplexing. I'm using Borland Turbo Cpp. I have a very simple
    >>> program at the moment and I get the above error.

    >> Which error in which code? post them both.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ian Collins.

    > The error is "Fatal:Illegal VIRDEF fixup index in Module XYZ Options"
    > as in the subject header. The code will have to wait until I get home.
    >
    > I'm not sure what a VirDef is, I can make a guess that it is something
    > to do with classes, possibly virtual definitions? I have not got onto
    > learning about the Virtual keyword yet so I'm definately not using it
    > let alone using an illegal one.

    You may do better asking in a Borland group.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Jun 10, 2008
  5. On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 01:52:22 -0700, I Own The Letter O wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm quite new to the whole world of Cpp so the above fatal error is very
    > perplexing. I'm using Borland Turbo Cpp. I have a very simple program at
    > the moment and I get the above error. I have searched on the Internet
    > and only got six hits, all in foreign languages. I have searched the
    > newsgroups and it turns up a couple of times but no real solution is
    > given. Can anybody help/explain what I've done wrong and how to fix it?
    >
    > I've also posted in the Borland Turbo Cpp group but they have about 14
    > subscribers so I'm not holding my breath.

    VIRDEF/COMDEF is a record type in the OMF object code generated
    by the compiler, hence it's a compiler issue.

    --
    OU

    Obnoxious User, Jun 10, 2008