Image magically moving

Marc

Well this problem is _really_ weird. It's an IE problem as usual. The page
is http://webdev.beasolutions.com/portfolio/

The problem is that the top website image (the one for
portsmouth.anglican.org/readers/) keeps moving to halfway through the text -
some refreshes its there, and some refreshes its on the right where it
should be.

I have no idea why this is or how to fix it... please help!

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Marc

brucie

Well this problem is _really_ weird. It's an IE problem as usual. The page
is http://webdev.beasolutions.com/portfolio/

The problem is that the top website image (the one for
portsmouth.anglican.org/readers/) keeps moving to halfway through the text -
some refreshes its there, and some refreshes its on the right where it
should be.

i gave up after 4 with cleared cache and 7 refreshes, it fine for me
IE6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633

Marc

Well this problem is _really_ weird. It's an IE problem as usual. The
page
i gave up after 4 with cleared cache and 7 refreshes, it fine for me
IE6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633

Really odd... I tried it on another PC after clearing the cache, and I can't
replicate the problem. I cleared the cache on the first one, and the
problem still occurs. Both running the same IE as you, the only difference
is that the first one win2k sp3 and the second win2k sp4 - could that be
causing the problem?

Marc

rf

Marc said:
The

Really odd... I tried it on another PC after clearing the cache, and I can't
replicate the problem. I cleared the cache on the first one, and the
problem still occurs. Both running the same IE as you, the only difference
is that the first one win2k sp3 and the second win2k sp4 - could that be
causing the problem?

Yep. Most of IE lives within the operating system. What you "percieve" as IE
is merely a wrapper round the windows explorer control, just as notepad
wraps the edit control and wordpad wraps the rich text control.

Apply an sp to windows and chances are you will be applying one to IE as
well :)

Cheers
Richard.

Marc

Well this problem is _really_ weird. It's an IE problem as usual. The
page
same problem here 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)

dont know what causes it dough

Thanks for that.

Damn, it's not just one of my PCs then. I suppose there isn't much I can do
about it - I guess its just another IE bug, just a less common one!

Marc