    Thank you,

    Rob

    PS: This request for help was posted in Modules with no response for two days.

    Rob Bell, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Rob Bell

    Vlad Tepes Guest

    Rob Bell <> wrote:

    > perl: constitute.c:2015: ReadImage: Assertion `image_info->signature
    > == 0xabacadab' failed
    >
    > If anyone here has encountered the error above when using the
    > Image::Magick module please share how you adapted your scripts to
    > avoid or work around it.

    You need to provide more information:

    What platform are you on?
    Which version of Image::Magick?
    How can I reproduce the error?

    Regards,
    --
    Vlad

    Vlad Tepes, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Rob Bell

    Rob Bell Guest

    Vlad Tepes <> wrote in message news:<bji17b$8fj$>...
    > Rob Bell <> wrote:
    >
    > > perl: constitute.c:2015: ReadImage: Assertion `image_info->signature
    > > == 0xabacadab' failed
    > >
    > > If anyone here has encountered the error above when using the
    > > Image::Magick module please share how you adapted your scripts to
    > > avoid or work around it.

    > You need to provide more information:
    >
    > What platform are you on?
    > Which version of Image::Magick?
    > How can I reproduce the error?
    >
    > Regards,

    I'll rephrase my question at the risk of being off-topic for this
    newsgroup as I am speculating that the error is resulting from a
    mis-setup of the underlying ImageMagick program on the server but am
    not in a position to request it be re-setup without evidence to
    demonstrate the cause of the error. The error is occuring on read of
    an image file. It's a Linux box. My new questions are: Can anyone
    here give an indication what type of problem would lead to this type
    of error:

    perl: constitute.c:2015: ReadImage: Assertion `image_info->signature
    == 0xabacadab' failed

    Does this seem to be an exception thrown by Perl, by the operating
    system, or by ImageMagick. Naturally, if you have experience with
    this particular error I'd appreciate information on how it was
    corrected. You may feel free to direct me to a more appropriate
    newsgroup.

    Thanks,

    Rob

    Rob Bell, Sep 9, 2003
  4. Re: Image::Magick perl: constitute.c:2015: ReadImage: Assertion`image_info->signature == 0xabacadab' failed

    (Rob Bell) writes:
    [ImageMagick]
    > The error is occuring on read of an image file. It's a Linux box. My
    > new questions are: Can anyone here give an indication what type of
    > problem would lead to this type of error:

    > perl: constitute.c:2015: ReadImage: Assertion `image_info->signature
    > == 0xabacadab' failed

    > Does this seem to be an exception thrown by Perl, by the operating
    > system, or by ImageMagick.

    Looks like ImageMagick doesn't like your image file. What kind of image
    is it? Can you open that image file using, say, the GIMP? Can you open
    *other* image files using ImageMagick?

    Your image file is probably corrupted.

    > You may feel free to direct me to a more appropriate newsgroup.

    The ImageMagick mailing lists are probably a better place to ask, since
    your problem seems to be unrelated to Perl.

    --
    Darshan Shaligram

    Darshan Shaligram, Sep 9, 2003
  5. On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 19:28:30 +0530,
    Darshan Shaligram <> wrote:
    > (Rob Bell) writes:
    > [ImageMagick]
    >> The error is occuring on read of an image file. It's a Linux box. My
    >> new questions are: Can anyone here give an indication what type of
    >> problem would lead to this type of error:

    >> perl: constitute.c:2015: ReadImage: Assertion `image_info->signature
    >> == 0xabacadab' failed

    >> Does this seem to be an exception thrown by Perl, by the operating
    >> system, or by ImageMagick.

    > Looks like ImageMagick doesn't like your image file. What kind of image
    > is it? Can you open that image file using, say, the GIMP? Can you open
    > *other* image files using ImageMagick?
    >
    > Your image file is probably corrupted.

    That shouldn't result in an assertion, but an error returned from the
    called function.

    >> You may feel free to direct me to a more appropriate newsgroup.

    > The ImageMagick mailing lists are probably a better place to ask, since
    > your problem seems to be unrelated to Perl.

    Since the error is an assertion, this hints at a programming error in
    ImageMagick itself. Assertions are normally used, and _should_
    only be used, to check whether the programmer has made an error. They
    should not be used to deal with "normal" error conditions like corrupt
    images, or incorrect permissions, or wrong user input.

    You should probably report this to the ImageMagick developers.

    Martien
    --

    Martien Verbruggen |
    Trading Post Australia | 42.6% of statistics is made up on the spot.

    Martien Verbruggen, Sep 10, 2003