    Messages:
    1
    I am currently doing a project about image processing. The image processing is i would like to perform is binarization and filtering. I want to create a RTL design for this. I know how to do the Control Unit. But having difficulties in datapath design.. I would like to know how to input an image in datapath unit. The image should be in what format? Lets say the image is in jpg or bmp should i convert it first? and can i use the two formats i mentioned to proceed with binarization and filtering? Please guide me... Thank you..
    moganesh, Sep 24, 2009

  2. moganesh

    vgs

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2011
    Messages:
    4
    image processing

    To load an image in fpga,first process that image in MATLAB and obtain the RGB values using the function "imread". Then create a new file with .coe extension and store these RGB values in that file(using MATLAB itself). Generate a memory core in the fpga through which you can download this file into FPGA. From the core you can retrieve the image and display it using the VGA port.
    Can u please help me how to perform the image processing like edge detection and all using VHDL?
    vgs, Sep 15, 2011

  3. moganesh

    Rohan Kandalkar

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    can u tell me the procedure to generate memory core in fpga....means u mean to say create a ROM with the help of vhdl coding.
    Rohan Kandalkar, Oct 29, 2012
  4. moganesh

    Rohan Kandalkar

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Vhdl

    HI....i want to binarization of image with the help of vhdl coding...can u suggest me the possible way to do that....plz reply fast as soon as possible.....thank you
    Rohan Kandalkar, Oct 29, 2012