ImageButton & Map (usemap)

Guest

I have a problem:

I have an image that I need to display and if a user clicks anywhere on the
image I need the coordinates. So I am using an ImageButton, which is good,
works great for capturing the coordinates.

Now, in addition to that, I need to have areas (rectangles) within the image
to -act- as sub images thus I have a Map element that has AREA elements and I
assign the coords and href attributes.

I then (in html markup or aspx) give the usemap attribute the name of the
map image (e.g. usemap="#mymap").

Output example:
<input type="image" name="Image1" id="Image1" usemap="#SystemMap"
src="images/canvas.gif" border="0" />

Apparently the Map element and USEMAP does not work on the ImageButton thus
I am only able to grab the coords on a postback but on client side I can not
isolate an area on the image to produce a tooltip to appear for that area.
Each area has a different tooltip text.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how I can accomplish such a feat?