    completely

    Thanks
    Richard

    Rich, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Re: [OT] images in borland C++

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am using borland c++. I am loading images into my program. However
    > when I remove the exe from the root directory when i try and open the
    > exe it says it is missing the bmp. It is obviously getting a link to
    > the file rather than loading it completely. How can I load it
    > completely

    File access path are a platform-specific thing.

    But when you try to open a file, the OS typically searches for the
    file relative to a current/working directory -- which at program
    startup typically is the path where the application resides.

    Make sure the .bmp is moved/copied along your .exe file, or
    consider using an absolute path or some other technique.

    A NG with 'windows' or 'borland' in its name is probably a better
    place to get an answer to your questions.

    hth,
    Ivan
    --
    http://www.post1.com/~ivec