images in borland C++

Rich

Hi

I am using borland c++. I am loading images into my program. However
when I remove the exe from the root directory when i try and open the
exe it says it is missing the bmp. It is obviously getting a link to
the file rather than loading it completely. How can I load it
completely

Thanks
Richard

Ivan Vecerina

Rich said:
I am using borland c++. I am loading images into my program. However
when I remove the exe from the root directory when i try and open the
exe it says it is missing the bmp. It is obviously getting a link to
the file rather than loading it completely. How can I load it
completely

File access path are a platform-specific thing.

But when you try to open a file, the OS typically searches for the
file relative to a current/working directory -- which at program
startup typically is the path where the application resides.

Make sure the .bmp is moved/copied along your .exe file, or
consider using an absolute path or some other technique.

A NG with 'windows' or 'borland' in its name is probably a better
place to get an answer to your questions.

hth,
Ivan