Imaplib & Gmail - cannot move from inbox to custom folder (messageremains in both)

R

rob

I am using Imaplib and connecting to a Gmail account. I am issuing commands to copy the email to a custom folder then issuing delete. After expunge message still remains in inbox and customer folder.

# COPY EMAIL TO FOLDER
copyStatus = m.copy(emailid, 'CIRIMPORTED')
print 'id of message copied is: %s status: %s' % (emailid,copyStatus)

# SET THE MESSAGE TO HAVE '\Deleted' FLAG (EXPUNGE WILL COMPLETE DELETE PROCESS)
storeStatus = m.store(emailid,"+FLAGS", r'(\Deleted)')
print 'id of message stored is: %s status: %s %s' % (emailid,storeStatus[0],storeStatus[1])
#print '******'

#DELETES ANY EMAIL MARKED \Deleted
m.expunge()
m.close()
m.logout()

Does anyone have any imaplib code the works with Gmail to move from inbox to another folder?

M

MRAB

I am using Imaplib and connecting to a Gmail account. I am issuing commands to copy the email to a custom folder then issuing delete. After expunge message still remains in inbox and customer folder.

# COPY EMAIL TO FOLDER

# SET THE MESSAGE TO HAVE '\Deleted' FLAG (EXPUNGE WILL COMPLETE DELETE PROCESS)
print 'id of message stored is: %s status: %s %s' % (emailid,storeStatus[0],storeStatus[1])
#print '******'

m.expunge()
m.close()
m.logout()

Does anyone have any imaplib code the works with Gmail to move from inbox to another folder?
There's an example in docs which says:

M.store(num, '+FLAGS', '\\Deleted')

You have:

m.store(emailid,"+FLAGS", r'(\Deleted)')

Could it be that the flags should be r'\Deleted'?

R

rob

# COPY EMAIL TO FOLDER

#print '******'

There's an example in docs which says:

M.store(num, '+FLAGS', '\\Deleted')

You have:

m.store(emailid,"+FLAGS", r'(\Deleted)')

Could it be that the flags should be r'\Deleted'?

I have tried it with the variations on the web of \\Deleted, r'\Deleted, and \Deleted. The Delete works because I see in the status 'Deleted'. However it does not remove from Inbox.

Ask a Question