Impersonation and Session_End()

Steven Padfield via .NET 247

I have impersonation set to true in my web.config file, but Session_End() executes under the ASPNET identity. Is there any way to re-impersonate the identity used by the application (e.g. "IUSR_xxx") from within Session_End()?

Thanks

Marina

Session_End fires async to whichever user's session ended. Normally, when
the browser makes a request, it sends that authentication info the server,
which can then pass it on.

In this case there is no request, no authentication info, this is just
firing as an idle timeout, not related to a request. So it would make sense
that the authentication information wouldn't be there.