Implementing columns collection in datagrid custom control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Sundararajan, Mar 25, 2005.

  1. Sundararajan

    Sundararajan Guest

    Dear all,

    I am building a custom control data grid with some necessary
    functionalities. let it be <myCustomDataGrid>

    in .Net data grid we have the facility to specify the columns template in
    the html side of the design view
    like
    <column>
    </column>
    and we were using Databinder.Eval() to bind the data to the corresponding
    data item.

    how can i achieve the same functionality in my data grid custom control.

    <myCustomDataGrid>
    <columns>
    </Columns>
    </myCustomDataGrid>

    i am ready to expose the data grid in <myCustomDataGrid> control.
    is that possible to have
    <myCustomDataGrid>
    <dgrdGrid>
    <columns>
    </Columns>
    </dgrdGrid>
    </myCustomDataGrid>

    as of now i was able to add teh columns and related info from the .aspx.vb
    of my application.
    thanks in advance
    --
    S.Sundararajan