implementing record browser (next previous buttons)

David

What I envision is this.

The user gets a set of records in a data grid

Then the user gets to select one of the rows to view the detail information
about the record. Then instead of backing out to the datagrid, press Next
or Previous to view the next or previous record respectively.

How would you implement it in ASP.NET?

I usually use a Collection object (ArrayList of business objects) to
populate a datagrid based on what the user specifies for criteria. Then
what when the user selects a row to view the detail? Retain the collection
inside Session? Then allow the user to traverse back and forth inside the
collection? That might consume too much memory in Session.

Would love to hear a creative solution to this.

Guest

Hi David
Why don't u display record details at the top of the datagrid with Name
and Value in each each line for each column from grid item..
Its like this

NAME : DAVID |
TECHNOLOGY: MICROSOFT.NET |
COMPANY : ABC |
Datagrid here
david microsoft.net abc
hari microsoft.net xyz
prasad sqlserver xyz
onclick of the david record displays details at the top and like for hari....